BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #1
ScottyGams
Uber-Lee7 Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

cheap solutions?

BRIEFING

I got my car, which has put me in the poor house. I am a colege student who loves his 1er to death.

I have so much pride for it, that i have taken to heart all of your opinions regarding car washes. I have come to the point where I feel nobody can show the love to my car that I can. I have read a lot about the bargain detailing products from posts on this site, and here is what I got.

Mr. Clean AutoDry Car Wash (Sears is selling the refills for like $1 each online)
Turtle Wax Ice (great value of applications/bottle)
Meguiar's Quick Deatailer (didn't have the $$$ to spend on Ultimate)
Hot Rims Wheel Cleaner (I spend the cash on the wheels I guess)
Meguiar's Final Inspection (just adds a glossy look, only $5)

I also picked up some microfiber towels, wheel brush, wash mitt, and a wax applicator.

The first time I washed my car traditionally with the bucket of suds, and then followed up with the Mr Clean, not trusting it to get the big time gunk off. Then I applied the Turtle Wax Ice. Wow, that stuff smells good. i could get used to doing that once a month, it was easy!

During the Week I use Final Inspection to gloss up the areas that dull. I clean the wheels twice a week.

It is weekend 2 on my regiment and I only needed the Mr. Clean Wash to get her pretty. From what i have read you don't wax every week. I used Quick Detailer to detail the entire car.

QUESTIONS

1. Is there anything else I need to add to my regiment that won't break the bank? Is the Ultimate Detailing line worth the extra $$$?

2. The car is sparkling now that I am cleaning it myself. Because it is a black car, I now notice a collection of very small scratches on top of my trunk. Did I cause those, and is there an easy way to alleviate them?

3. Will I ever need to get my car professionally detailed (the $100+ jobs) if I keep this up?

I love my labor of love, and thank you in advance for your help
Appreciate 0