BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-29-2014, 02:01 PM   #1
jose325i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Ebay Error-free LED Turn signal bulbs

I did not see any reviews here on these, so I took the risk, ordered them, and decided to make a thread.

I ordered these Cree LED bulbs on ebay from seller motoringmax: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131243398136

I just installed them today and am very happy with the results. They are brighter than the stock halogen bulbs, and produce no errors or hyper flashing unlike most other LED bulbs. No resistors are needed. All you have to do is swap the bulbs. I like the color too, they are great. There is also a white version from the same seller for those who don't want amber.

The only thing I have noticed is that when you lock the car, they flash normally then stay lit dimly until the angel eyes finish fading out.

At $50 shipped for a pair, they are definitely not cheap, but you still save $40 compared to the other known good brand, and IMO the results are comparable. I will take the savings and buy another pair for the rear, especially since they sent me a 15% off next order coupon!

UPDATE: So I installed the rear bulbs and am now getting hyper flashing/error messages. Let's see if the seller will make it right...

Bulb in carrier:

Installed

Parking/running lights (ignore the black line, that's a camera artifact)

Turn signal, side view

Last edited by jose325i; 09-08-2014 at 12:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2015, 03:30 PM   #2
MakeItRaine
Recovering 1addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I was thinking about getting the whites for the front turn signals...but then saw your edit about getting an error on the rears. I don't plan on changing the those out, but wanted to confirm that just the front signals did not give you an error code. Thanks! (Pics looks great, by the way. )
Appreciate 0