BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-10-2015, 02:17 AM   #23
twinboost_MD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fabulous View Post
I flush coolant more than is needed (checking pH) and my M52 still ate coolant tanks. Seems these cars do too? Cripes. I've been told all the plastic is owing to regulations requiring some percentage of the car to be recyclable (no idea how true that is).
find an article talking about this recycled parts thing im interested.
I could image a prius doing this but we drive bmws. also i feel like where you live your cooling system works a little harder than others.

I feel like because our cars run naturally warmer than most the plastic parts end up getting to much heat soak and expanding then cooling to fast after you park and its freezing outside. Pulleys tend to crack on e46's because of this. I also think its stupid that the res tank is on the hot side of the motor..

Last edited by twinboost_MD; 12-10-2015 at 02:23 AM..
Appreciate 0