BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-04-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
JackM
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120I

Can I update my CCC software & Sat Nav software

Hi, I'm new to the forum after purchasing an E87 120I. Which I absolutely love !

I've been a member of a few other forums and found them a fantastic sources of advice and ways to loose hours of time. So i'm looking to forward to trawling through here.

One of my first bits of tinkering with my new vehicle would be around the possibility of updating what I believe to be called the CCC to a later software version. I have read that this is a possibility on the CIC, but unsure on my older flip up model. Can I update the CCC software ? Can I update the Sat Nav software?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The DVD used for the navigation is the BMW Group navigation system version 12. (Unsure how out of date this version is...)

Thank you for any help.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 10:21 AM   #2
Downeaster1
BMW Master Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E82, E90, F10, F80

Garage List
To update the navigation maps, you just put a new disk in. As far as an operating system upgrade, there isn't really any changes between factory and post-production unless you are having issues with it. Generally speaking, if it isn't acting up or doing anything weird, I wouldn't touch it. Just slap a new set of map disks in there and call it a day.
135is #502 of 586
BMW LED Performance Wheel | OEM FULL Carbon Fiber | E9X M3 Gauge Cluster | E9X Exterior Mirrors | E9X M3 Full Suspension | E9X M3 Diff | PT-CAN2 Enabled | Bilstiens | Michelin PSS's | NBT Navigation Retrofit with Touch Pad
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 04:27 PM   #3
JackM
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeaster1 View Post
To update the navigation maps, you just put a new disk in. As far as an operating system upgrade, there isn't really any changes between factory and post-production unless you are having issues with it. Generally speaking, if it isn't acting up or doing anything weird, I wouldn't touch it. Just slap a new set of map disks in there and call it a day.
Thanks Downeaster1. I appreciate the advice. With the map discs, is this a trip to BMW ? Or are there cheaper options? Or are the discs relatively cheap anyhow.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 06:26 PM   #4
Downeaster1
BMW Master Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E36, E82, E90, F10, F80

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackM View Post
Thanks Downeaster1. I appreciate the advice. With the map discs, is this a trip to BMW ? Or are there cheaper options? Or are the discs relatively cheap anyhow.
Thanks.
You can find them much cheaper online. A quick check on eBay, I found a few for $30 USD. I believe at the dealership they are around $70 USD. You MAY even be able to find a file online to just burn your own copy.
135is #502 of 586
BMW LED Performance Wheel | OEM FULL Carbon Fiber | E9X M3 Gauge Cluster | E9X Exterior Mirrors | E9X M3 Full Suspension | E9X M3 Diff | PT-CAN2 Enabled | Bilstiens | Michelin PSS's | NBT Navigation Retrofit with Touch Pad
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
JackM
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downeaster1 View Post
You can find them much cheaper online. A quick check on eBay, I found a few for $30 USD. I believe at the dealership they are around $70 USD. You MAY even be able to find a file online to just burn your own copy.
Looks like a job for this weekend. Thanks for the help mate.
Appreciate 0