BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Jack mounts

OK so a couple weeks ago I was pulling into this gas station that had a really weird setup. Anyway long story short I ended up running over a sort of curb/planter thing in my 135i doing about 10mph. (by the condition of the concrete I was not the only person who had done this) Anyway when I got home I inspected it and the only damage I saw was a bit of that cardboard shield under the car had ripped off and it was missing one of the jack mounts. (there are a few scrapes, but they're under the car so I don't care)

Since this is all under the car I really don't care much, except that with that jack mount missing I can't really have the car worked on and I'm having a problem with my A/C I need to have fixed. Does anyone have any idea how much something like that is going to cost to get fixed? Is that considered body work that I need to take to a body shop? Or is it something the dealership can fix?

Dan
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
I could be wrong but I think you can do it yourself?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...71&hg=51&fg=80

The part itself is pretty cheap ($13) but even if you can't do it yourself, I can't see it being expensive to have it replaced.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #3
kb135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Space Grey

Hi Dan203

I recently went over a speed bump a bit too fast (night time, tired, getting home from gym, etc etc etc) went over a bump and the front came crashing down a bit hard, LUCKILY the car landed on the jackpads of all things as the undercarriage came falling back to earth, and I broke one off. Asked a friend to pick one up for me from my local stealership and I just clicked it in myself. I also ripped a bit of the protective felt-like underpan but I'm not too concerned about it. In any case it was $23 and the code for it is.... wait let me go dig in the bin... be back..... Please remind me never to dig in the bin again... 51717237195 (same as 宝马.e90's post) is the part number. there are some other codes floating around, but I believe this is the one for the 135i, it is identical to the other jack pads on my car.

All the best.
Appreciate 0