BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #1
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

I have one front and one rear wheel for sale in so fla, one has a significant bend and the other a minor one I couldn't visually see, they also have minor curb scratches, not noticeable from a few feet, they could easily be repaired while being straightened, best reasonable offer and would prefer local pickup. Ill post pics shortly.
      02-19-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Attached are pictures and they are quite dirty, sorry picked up the wheels, took some pics and had to head out of town so no time to clean but they are in good shape and looked great on the car a month ago. Much of what appears to be scuffs on the lip simply wipes off. The pictures are more to illustrate the damage and negatives. Hopefully I can find a local buyer so they can check them out in person, because they're not perfect but in great shape and I'd prefer someone buying them that gets to see them, I'm not going to overstate their condition but esepcially based off these pics the buyer will be very pleasantly surprised. One wheel has a significant bend on the inside of the wheel as pictured, the front wheel did not have any visible bends to me, I made an insurance claim so insisted on new wheels is all:
Attached Images

02-26-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMH View Post
Attached are pictures and they are quite dirty, sorry picked up the wheels, took some pics and had to head out of town so no time to clean but they are in good shape and looked great on the car a month ago. Much of what appears to be scuffs on the lip simply wipes off. The pictures are more to illustrate the damage and negatives. Hopefully I can find a local buyer so they can check them out in person, because they're not perfect but in great shape and I'd prefer someone buying them that gets to see them, I'm not going to overstate their condition but esepcially based off these pics the buyer will be very pleasantly surprised. One wheel has a significant bend on the inside of the wheel as pictured, the front wheel did not have any visible bends to me, I made an insurance claim so insisted on new wheels is all:

So let's get this straight again...
you made an insurance claim for how many wheels? two wheels?

Looks like we hit a pothole and damaged one for sure... and we've hit some curbs before with those prior nicks..

So you had one damaged wheel ... And according to your description above... could easily be repaired or straightened... Homm.. but that's not good enough for you.... you need to have a NEW wheel... and not only that... you jumped up and down and stomped your foot and insisted on TWO new wheels even though one doesnt have any visible damage.... and then when your insurance company gave you two new wheels, and for some reason didnt collect the salvage on your old wheels (you know.. the ones that you couldnt ride on if they were repaired, and are also too damaged for YOU to use anymore), and NOW you want to sell them for a PROFIT..

Oh wait.. not a profit you say... because there was that nasty DEDUCTIBLE right? No... it's a profit on the wheels themselves because you've already been given new ones.!! And the insurance claim rep clearly laid down and didnt even collect the damaged wheels to repair or sell, and deserves a head slap as well.

So... you ran to the shop and scooped up the damaged wheels and havent even cleaned or inspected them any further, and rather than sell them on craigslist, you figured, i'll post them up on the forums.. NICE. Let's not hear you complain about rising insurance rates.. since you just added about 1K to the value of your claim, it sounds like.

OK then.. now that we know what an upstanding individual you are... how much are you wanting to sell these pieces of junk for again? I'll give you $100 for the front wheel and $50 for the rear... and yeah.. i bet that's not enough to cover your deductible..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-26-2013 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Check your insurance policy.

If you got two new wheels from your insurer, the old ones (replaced by the new ones) might no longer belong to you anymore (transfer of property title).

But I assume you made a deal with the insurer to buy your old ones back from them at salvage price, no ?
      02-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:

Looks like we hit a pothole and damaged one for sure... and we've hit some curbs before with those prior nicks..

So you had one damaged wheel ... And according to your description above... could easily be repaired or straightened... Homm.. but that's not good enough for you.... you need to have a NEW wheel... and not only that... you jumped up and down and stomped your foot and insisted on TWO new wheels even though one doesnt have any visible damage.... and then when your insurance company gave you two new wheels, and for some reason didnt collect the salvage on your old wheels (you know.. the ones that you couldnt ride on if they were repaired, and are also too damaged for YOU to use anymore), and NOW you want to sell them for a PROFIT..

Oh wait.. not a profit you say... because there was that nasty DEDUCTIBLE right? No... it's a profit on the wheels themselves because you've already been given new ones.!! And the insurance claim rep clearly laid down and didnt even collect the damaged wheels to repair or sell, and deserves a head slap as well.

So... you ran to the shop and scooped up the damaged wheels and havent even cleaned or inspected them any further, and rather than sell them on craigslist, you figured, i'll post them up on the forums.. NICE. Let's not hear you complain about rising insurance rates.. since you just added about 1K to the value of your claim, it sounds like.

OK then.. now that we know what an upstanding individual you are... how much are you wanting to sell these pieces of junk for again? I'll give you $100 for the front wheel and $50 for the rear... and yeah.. i bet that's not enough to cover your deductible..
Way to be an outright a hole lol... I hit a piece of curb painted black and presumably placed in the road on purpose given other circumstances, somewhat bad area and a group of young guys that ran away screaming when I pulled over because my car had just gone airborne and blew two tires out instantly, it was in the evening, dark, going 45mph in city traffic, swerved to avoid and saw a car next to me so bit the bullet and rode over an unknown item that appeared abruptly not thinking it was concrete.

I blew two brand new tires and had unknown damage so filed a claim, I correctly assumed the damage was costly, wheels and tires at best. It was a large jolt when I hit the item so I asked the shop to ask for wheels if necessary, the adjuster agreed when I spoke to him before I brought it up and yes that is fair as my car was returned to the condition before the incident within reason. No one had any interest at all in the wheels, shop or insurance carrier, ill make a table in my garage if no one wants one but there wasn't extreme whining, taking advantage or dishonesty. The circumstances that led to no time to clean them up are in no way your business and I have no interest in maximizing there value. The claim was $3200 in total sorry you feel I acted improperly but I certainly didn't ask.

You're out of line and a schmuck on the faceless Internet. I would sell them for little to nothing to a local forum member but for you good sir, your money is no good here.
      02-26-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Check your insurance policy.

If you got two new wheels from your insurer, the old ones (replaced by the new ones) might no longer belong to you anymore (transfer of property title).

But I assume you made a deal with the insurer to buy your old ones back from them at salvage price, no ?
The shop said they were going to toss them, I asked them if I could keep them, never heard anything else.
      02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #7
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post

So you had one damaged wheel ... And according to your description above... could easily be repaired or straightened... Homm.. but that's not good enough for you.... you need to have a NEW wheel... and not only that... you jumped up and down and stomped your foot and insisted on TWO new wheels even though one doesnt have any visible damage.... and then when your insurance company gave you two new wheels, and for some reason didnt collect the salvage on your old wheels (you know.. the ones that you couldnt ride on if they were repaired, and are also too damaged for YOU to use anymore), and NOW you want to sell them for a PROFIT.. :

Wow! I've enjoyed your previous posts, but I'd say way out of line on this one! Might want facts first. Sheesh.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vo 1m

nice ferragamo shoes op!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
so bit the bullet and rode over an unknown item that appeared abruptly not thinking it was concrete.
How's the widow doing lately ?

Quote:
I blew two brand new tires and had unknown damage so filed a claim, I correctly assumed the damage was costly, wheels and tires at best. It was a large jolt when I hit the item so I asked the shop to ask for wheels if necessary, the adjuster agreed when I spoke to him before I brought it up and yes that is fair as my car was returned to the condition before the incident within reason.
OK, seriously. A tire absorbing a hard impact ain't particularly comforting for the wheel bearings / suspension. It is strong though, but not made of Kryptonite. Were you also required to replace the suspension of your 1M ?
      02-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #10
///1M
Captain
Rep
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

I believe M3 Adjuster works in the insurance industry. While the OP may not have had any sinister intentions, it seems like the ad touched a sore spot with M3 Adjuster. After how many years and many helpful/positive contributions on this forum, let's give him the benefit of the doubt, shall we? And he is far from "faceless" on the interwebs. He's one of the pre-drive participants!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #11
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
so bit the bullet and rode over an unknown item that appeared abruptly not thinking it was concrete.
How's the widow doing lately ?

Quote:
I blew two brand new tires and had unknown damage so filed a claim, I correctly assumed the damage was costly, wheels and tires at best. It was a large jolt when I hit the item so I asked the shop to ask for wheels if necessary, the adjuster agreed when I spoke to him before I brought it up and yes that is fair as my car was returned to the condition before the incident within reason.
OK, seriously. A tire absorbing a hard impact ain't particularly comforting for the wheel bearings / suspension. It is strong though, but not made of Kryptonite. Were you also required to replace the suspension of your 1M ?
I'm not 100% sure I get the widow eye roll comment but no with new wheels and tires everything aligned and no vibration or other symptoms of further damage. They replaced some underbody panels and no other suspension pieces were needed but the shop had thought there would be other parts necessary to replace.
      02-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #12
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
Wow! I've enjoyed your previous posts, but I'd say way out of line on this one! Might want facts first. Sheesh.

which of my facts was incorrect? a little writer embellishment never hurt anyone!

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-27-2013 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
The shop said they were going to toss them, I asked them if I could keep them, never heard anything else.
As artemis indicated, the wheels were paid for by the insurer, and therefore they belong to the insurance company. So the question about taking them should be asked of the insurer, not the shop.

Quote:
I would sell them for little to nothing to a local forum member but for you good sir, your money is no good here.

Seriously though... I embellished your story (since you really provided ZERO details that would motivate a buyer to make an offer on your wheels... - as evidence.. the CRICKETS in here for a week after your first two posts) and this thread actually has a life now.... I think you will live. Glad your car was repaired well, however you you didnt get the proper ok the wheels.

Seriously though.. make a serious attempt at an ad next time. thanks for sharing the ACTUAL details now that an my " Ahole manevuer" got a little details from you.

The fact that I'm not local.... and my " money is not good" .... I am * utterly* crushed!

my offer still stands though! Oh... and you should actually post a PRICE for something if you intend to sell, and you also should find the for./sale forum as well. ;-)

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 02-27-2013 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #14
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I would sell them for little to nothing to a local forum member but for you good sir, your money is no good here.

Seriously though... I embellished your story (since you really provided ZERO details that would motivate a buyer to make an offer on your wheels... - as evidence.. the CRICKETS in here for a week after your first two posts) and this thread actually has a life now. I think you will live. glad your car is ok, and glad you got the ok on the wheels.

Seriously though.. make a serious attempt at an ad next time.

The fact that I'm not local.... and my " money is not good" I am utterly crushed!
I've had pm's and I'm not looking for local because I'm lazy, I want whoever buys them to be happy and if they get them and repair is more then expected I want them to be able to return them to me without significant shipping expense thus local, it simplifies all of those potential problems when selling a damaged product. I am in no rush to sell them, I don't mind them beautifying my storage unit lol and this is also an item far more likely to move in the m3 section as there's 88 m3 owners as a potential buyer or so to every 1 1M owner/buyer.

Try not to jump to conclusions, I have zero interest in scamming anybody, far from it. The assertion that I brought my bs here instead of Craigslist is alarming as well, I wouldn't bring anything to the forum I didn't feel good about, I recently sold a JB4 on here and locally, I have offered to install it free of charge to the buyer bc he seemed a nice high school kid and even with my very limited personal time, I love the forums and like to help those on here as I get significant help here.

I can't imagine you blaming me for my response nor saying I'd rather not sell to you after you accosted me, not to be spiteful but fool me once shame on you.... And I have to assume you'd be a difficult buyer of a damaged item.

Thanks for the bump.
      02-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #15
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
I've had pm's and I'm not looking for local because I'm lazy, I want whoever buys them to be happy and if they get them and repair is more then expected I want them to be able to return them to me without significant shipping expense thus local, it simplifies all of those potential problems when selling a damaged product. I am in no rush to sell them, I don't mind them beautifying my storage unit lol and this is also an item far more likely to move in the m3 section as there's 88 m3 owners as a potential buyer or so to every 1 1M owner/buyer.

Try not to jump to conclusions, I have zero interest in scamming anybody, far from it. The assertion that I brought my bs here instead of Craigslist is alarming as well, I wouldn't bring anything to the forum I didn't feel good about, I recently sold a JB4 on here and locally, I have offered to install it free of charge to the buyer bc he seemed a nice high school kid and even with my very limited personal time, I love the forums and like to help those on here as I get significant help here.

I can't imagine you blaming me for my response nor saying I'd rather not sell to you after you accosted me, not to be spiteful but fool me once shame on you.... And I have to assume you'd be a difficult buyer of a damaged item.

Thanks for the bump.

I ain't mad at ya!

no, I'm not a picky buyer. I offered a quick and dirty, no questions asked, don't do anything but box them up, price that matches the condition they were presented in. I know what it costs to repair them, where to get them repaired properly, and I'm not afarid to use them once they are repairedm, and finally, I also know that there is a fair chance that one of them may NOT be repairable. The rear wheel MAY be repairable but honestly is a 50/50 proposition. If there is any twist in it, then it won't be able to be repaired. So.. the offer remains a take it and leave with them offer with no return.

you could clean them up, you could repair them and sell them, and in either case, could potentially make more money but it it would take at the least some time and or money. Or you can dump them as is ( to me. )
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Bump, I still have these wheels, moving to a place with less storage, would love to find these a home.. make an offer.
      04-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #17
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Bump, I still have these wheels, moving to a place with less storage, would love to find these a home.. make an offer.

i'm your huckleberry...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #18
Artemis
Rep

The title of this thread should actually be "Stock 1M wheels with a twist".
      04-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #19
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The title of this thread should actually be "Stock 1M wheels with a twist".
I like this
      04-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #20
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

i'm your huckleberry...
This did become good reading, I should probably take you up on your offer at this point lol