BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-26-2010, 01:45 AM   #67
MOCKBA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagekicker View Post
that's an ignorant and offensive comment. soo sad!
What did you find offensive? Thieves have to be prosecuted? I agree really sad.
      08-26-2010, 05:32 AM   #68
meg180
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G80 M3

Sorry about your car. I hope they catch those a@@holes.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 05:47 AM   #69
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

I just don’t understand why someone would buy a $40k car and not garage it especially in a high crime area. Perhaps it’s just me but I would secure a place to keep the car before I bought it. I live in rural Idaho where there is very little crime but I would never leave my cars out at night.

Anyway sorry for your loss and hope you can learn from this event.
      08-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #70
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
^For many city dwellers, garaging is simply not an option. There's only so much space.
      08-26-2010, 06:11 AM   #71
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDBMW View Post
I just don’t understand why someone would buy a $40k car and not garage it especially in a high crime area. Perhaps it’s just me but I would secure a place to keep the car before I bought it. I live in rural Idaho where there is very little crime but I would never leave my cars out at night.

WTF... Are you an idiot? How many people in NYC have garages? Some people just don't. You live in frigging idaho and stupidly judge a guy that is asking for help and you have no clue about him. Wake up.
      08-26-2010, 07:40 AM   #72
and 1
winter mode
Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
that REALLY sucks man...i hope those d-bags get what's coming to them!

Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #73
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:

I don't understand why any BMW owner would use that FONT!
      08-26-2010, 08:51 AM   #74
20YRSDREAM
Life is short... Relax & Enjoy!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135icp SGM

Country Club is up in the North East corner of the Bronx. My gf lives there and I live across the water on City Island and both are generally regarded as "car safe" neighborhoods. Apparently its becoming an issue in her neighborhood though, as 3 or so other cars have been hit in the last couple of weeks.

So, as you can see above, is not his fckin house & that might be the reason why he has 2 park on the street????? DAH!!!! EVICE is right......WAKE UP, you idiot.
      08-26-2010, 09:28 AM   #75
tcd223
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 LeMans 135i

Garage List
2010 135i  [7.00]
Well, there is security footage of the job being done. That'll be turned over to the cops. I fear that if I saw the license plate of the offending car, I'd go vigilante on the guilty party and land myself in jail. As it was mentioned by the guy from Texas, scoped rifles are hard to legally acquire in NYC and completely illegal to shoot at people on the street unless they are without a doubt going to shoot you. Thankfully the local politicains are responding to this incident and are using me as their "last straw" kind of guy and have been making a big deal about it because they don't want to have their districts considered unsafe.

Oh, and to the guy from Idaho, if I were less mature I would reply to your insightful comment with some unkind words, but since so many other people on the forum have obliged my request and continue to alert me to questionable ads on craigslist and eBay, I'll ignore your comment and continue to thank those who have been helpful in this otherwise infuriating situation.

Thank you to all you guys who have taken their time to look at the listings and point out suspicious postings and ads. So far no luck but who knows. I'm guessing that the wheels are in a chop shop in Hunts Point by now, where the dirtbags likely got about 50 bucks per wheel.

Last edited by tcd223; 08-26-2010 at 10:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 11:03 AM   #76
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
dam that sucks
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #77
20YRSDREAM
Life is short... Relax & Enjoy!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135icp SGM

Attention: Dirtbags.......Hell is ready for you guys to go inside & get BURN. Would you like medium or rare? btw, for $50/per rims is better to sell yr Butthole on 42nd street in (NYC) as a man (whore) than stealing rims bc if ur in prison anyway might as well do it 4 $ right, assholes!!!
      08-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #78
rsjean
satch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcd223 View Post
Well, there is security footage of the job being done. That'll be turned over to the cops. I fear that if I saw the license plate of the offending car, I'd go vigilante on the guilty party and land myself in jail. As it was mentioned by the guy from Texas, scoped rifles are hard to legally acquire in NYC and completely illegal to shoot at people on the street unless they are without a doubt going to shoot you. Thankfully the local politicains are responding to this incident and are using me as their "last straw" kind of guy and have been making a big deal about it because they don't want to have their districts considered unsafe.

Well at least that's good news. Hopefully they weren't out ripping off your wheels in a stolen car. But you can't rule that out either I guess....

"The Dingo ate your Mustang"
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #79
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCKBA View Post
Mockba you're an idiot in the way you think and write.

Not all immigrants are thieves.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #80
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCKBA View Post
They were talking about the fact that he accused an immigrant of doing the bad deed... I agree it is a sucky ass comment...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 03:23 PM   #81
FJUNO78
Captain
Rep
Drives: 25 to 2

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
2007 e92 328I  [0.00]
Quote:

What a bullshit excuse. That's what insurance is for. God knows you pay enough for it if you live in the NY/NJ area. I live in a really quiet block, and there are no garages at all in my neighborhood.... they are all older houses.

I park my car in the backyard most times, but that is because I am more concerned with a young kid on the block accidentally hitting it with a football or baseball.
      08-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #82
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJUNO78 View Post
What a bullshit excuse. That's what insurance is for. God knows you pay enough for it if you live in the NY/NJ area. I live in a really quiet block, and there are no garages at all in my neighborhood.... they are all older houses.

I park my car in the backyard most times, but that is because I am more concerned with a young kid on the block accidentally hitting it with a football or baseball.
Ya.. It would kill me to park my car outside... I would have to wash it everyday...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #83
IDBMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
WTF... Are you an idiot? How many people in NYC have garages? Some people just don't. You live in frigging idaho and stupidly judge a guy that is asking for help and you have no clue about him. Wake up.
Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. I just think a nice car needs a garage to be safe. No one ever came into my garage and stole anything. But if you can not put a garage on your property that would be a problem.
      08-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #84
Evice
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Glad you realized the mistake.. But you need to visit NYC urgently what property are you talking about ? lol
      08-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #85
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Sorry if I offended anyone, that was not my intention. I just think a nice car needs a garage to be safe. No one ever came into my garage and stole anything. But if you can not put a garage on your property that would be a problem.

You would be surprised then to hear that more cars are stolen out of garages and your own driveways more than back alleys and city streets.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/28/i...-other-fun-gr/

If a thief wants your car, or your car parts, bad enough they WILL get it, no matter where its parked.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #86
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

I'm really sorry man. I have a set of wheel locks sitting around, never installed. I figure if someone's that desperate, they're gonna go for it. It's such an unlikely thing to happen though. You'd think thieves would be more on the lookout for giant chrome rims on SUVs etc, not ones we would consider nice such as yours. Hopefully you'll take comfort in knowing that at least whoever wronged you had good taste? In all seriousness, though, I'm very sorry. If you ever need to form a posse and go vigilante, I'd be in.

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #87
tcd223
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 LeMans 135i

Garage List
2010 135i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Hopefully you'll take comfort in knowing that at least whoever wronged you had good taste?
lmfao, that's hilarious. I suppose that is one way of looking at it. Too bad there are only two other 1ers around and the wheels won't fit anything else.

What is killing me now though is those rims are out of stock on tirerack and I either have to add money for Breytons, shell out tons of cash for advans, or get the black BR05s. Of course, I'm going to put these rims in my house, and drive around on steelies until the day of a meet and then swap my wheels on.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #88
tgxmike
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT, '21 Charger Scat

Garage List
2021 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
You Boise guys are lucky with the space and cheap cost of living. It's not like that in NY. Maybe thats why I'm moving to Boise in October

Oh and I will totally be getting a garage in Boise, but it will probably not fit the car, only the car parts.
Appreciate 0