BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-28-2010, 04:53 AM   #133
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

With the AutoTune update procede would be the most advanced tune out right now not to mention the IN-DASH Boost gauge update that came out recently. For more info just refer to Shiv's sig;

Procede Rev.2 with AutoTuning: The ONLY Tune That Tunes Itself!

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 06:58 AM   #134
pechs2k
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Hi pechs2k,

Give me the sales pitch from powerchip... I want to know what they say that is bad.

Autotune has been one of the greatest features we have released. Customers cars are running better, and they don't need to work out how to optimise the tune. We have NO reliablity issues ever with several thousand Procedes out there, and cars are running safer and better on average with Autotune. Tell them to show me one car that has reliability issues with a Procede let alone with Autotune which is more safe.

You will regret getting the Powerchip... or you may not if you get the Procede!!

Cheers,

Adrian
steak knives! nice... .

all honesty, fear uncertainty and doubt better known as FUD.

call david at peak performance and he will give you the reasons why. if you manage to dispell his comments re the powerchip product and articulate it here - then give me a PM and i'll place an order for the procede straight away!

also - where can i get the dump pipe and CAI from locally (sydney)

autotune - how does that work, from the read, you can set to map 1, map 2 etc and aside from the power increase, is there any digital interface to indicate the procede is on?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #135
Raz0s
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Hi Pechs2k

I am a recent owner of a 135i and also had the procede for a little over a month. I must say I am very pleased with the result. The car is smooth and has effortless power. I have not experienced any issues or problems and Adrian has assisted on many occasions to answer any questions I may have.

I have let my brother who drives a stock e92 m3 take my 135i for a spin and he agrees the car has turned into an absolute weapon yet retained all its drivability.

I admit i have not upgraded my procede to the latest version as welll im lazy haha ... but will set myself up shortly with it and provide a review if you would like on my experience with auto tune.

In addition I may be wrong... if you get a powerchip ... it can be reflashed over by the dealer.... although i may be wrong on this.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #136
pechs2k
Private
Rep
Drives:

driven normally, whats the fuel consumption like?

the powerchip mod increases power to 252kw at the fly and 475nm and if daily driven increases fuel efficiency, can we say the same for the procede. atm my fuel consumption stock is approx 420kms per tank
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #137
Raz0s
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I have never really taken much notice of my fuel consumption.... I range approx 450km a tank and I have a heavy foot. I run Map 1 all day every day... boost set to 12 psi

The only time I experienced different fuel consumptions is when BMW did the HPFP flash on my car....
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #138
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pechs2k View Post
steak knives! nice... .

all honesty, fear uncertainty and doubt better known as FUD.

call david at peak performance and he will give you the reasons why. if you manage to dispell his comments re the powerchip product and articulate it here - then give me a PM and i'll place an order for the procede straight away!

also - where can i get the dump pipe and CAI from locally (sydney)

autotune - how does that work, from the read, you can set to map 1, map 2 etc and aside from the power increase, is there any digital interface to indicate the procede is on?
Hi Pechs2k.

Peak have dealt with our products before, but not for a LONG time. The product has improved so much in that time, but even back then it was by far the best tune at that time. Maybe Peak is comparing with the old Procede stuff? Either way, I am not about to call him and argue over tunes.

I can supply the Vishnu DCI (dual cone intake), and I can also supply dump pipe through Andrew@SouthernBM.

Autotune uses the CAN bus to monitor the levels of detanation from stock DME using knock sensors and adjusts the tune based on that. It first works wth ignition, and then if that does not give enough Authority it works woth boost. It works very well.

My 135I went from 192kW ATW to 239kW ATW with Procede only. that is a 45-50kW increase which is alot more than PowerChip. With dumpipes I now have 263kW ATW. Fuel economy for me is similar to stock for my normal driving.

Wait till you see the new firmware I have been working on tonight with new guages!!

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #139
pechs2k
Private
Rep
Drives:

nce figures... look forward to seeing the boost gauge! PM me a package deal and timeframes

Last edited by pechs2k; 07-28-2010 at 07:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #140
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
nce figures... look forward to seeing the boost gauge! PM me a package deal and timeframes
Just saw that you had editted your post.

Well my price on Procede is $1250 inc GST. Available for immediate delivery.

My price on DCI is $260 inc GST. No stock currently, so would be 2-3 weeks.

I can do both togeather for $1400 inc GST (saves over $100).

I have to get updated pricing on the dumppipes and get a package price for that so will get back to you. The Procede and DCI are DIY install items. The dumppipes are not really DIY for most people but if you have good tools and skills you could do it. Let me know where you are and whether you need installation on this item so I can include a quote on this also. I have a workshop who does this for me locally and they are very good and can dyno beofre and after if required also.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #141
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
call david at peak performance and he will give you the reasons why.
I wouldn't be too worried about what Peak Performance have to say.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #142
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Hi pechs2k,

Give me the sales pitch from powerchip... I want to know what they say that is bad.

Autotune has been one of the greatest features we have released. Customers cars are running better, and they don't need to work out how to optimise the tune. We have NO reliablity issues ever with several thousand Procedes out there, and cars are running safer and better on average with Autotune. Tell them to show me one car that has reliability issues with a Procede let alone with Autotune which is more safe.

You will regret getting the Powerchip... or you may not if you get the Procede!!

Cheers,

Adrian
I'd never run a powerchip or even an inferior JB3 on my N54 because of its inability to control timing.

Been running a procede for a couple years now and the car hasn't missed a beat (touch wood). The canbus integration really is that impressive - I'm also looking forward to loading up the latest firmware with A/F and meth in-dash guages. It's also good to see Vishnu have finally updated their software interface!

Mines a daily driver with full stg 3 bolt ons, vishnu meth kit and pushes 17.5-18psi

I have found though (also the guys in europe) that our fuel is better than the US, so our cars tend to autotune higher - so I have to limit the max threshold to keep things in check.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #143
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Jarrad took me for a spin in his 335 not long ago and that thing is crazy fast! I hope that one day my car is that fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsboost View Post
I'd never run a powerchip or even an inferior JB3 on my N54 because of its inability to control timing.

Been running a procede for a couple years now and the car hasn't missed a beat (touch wood). The canbus integration really is that impressive - I'm also looking forward to loading up the latest firmware with A/F and meth in-dash guages. It's also good to see Vishnu have finally updated their software interface!

Mines a daily driver with full stg 3 bolt ons, vishnu meth kit and pushes 17.5-18psi

I have found though (also the guys in europe) that our fuel is better than the US, so our cars tend to autotune higher - so I have to limit the max threshold to keep things in check.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #144
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Hi All,

I highly recommend you update to the latest firmware here:

http://www.vishnutuningforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21

We recently added support for 135 specific calibration of the guages (they are different to other N54 cars for some reason). So now you can optionally (turn features off via double click hazz button) display boost in the fuel guage (0-20psi, so 5psi per 1/4 tank), and AFR in the oil temp guage (20:1 - 10:1), so stioch is around centre (120C). Also current map display is displayed in tacho on map change and start up (0,1,2). I have been running this in my car for a week now and it works great and is really helpful for those without a seperate boost guage to see how the car is running.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 08:45 PM   #145
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Sounds cool Adrian!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #146
pechs2k
Private
Rep
Drives:

i read alot about this valet mode... does this mean that when thats activated, the car is in completely stock settings?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 11:43 PM   #147
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Hrm. I was thinking of getting a set of Koni FSD's next, but the idea of a Procede unit is becoming very appealing. It might solve the problem I have where the car feels a tad "asthmatic" with the stock exhaust and give the crisper response I'm looking for.

Ah, problem solved. I just get both...
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #148
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
i read alot about this valet mode... does this mean that when thats activated, the car is in completely stock settings?
Valet mode does put it back to completely stock. All features are turned off and it will run as if the Procede is not installed.

Mattyv, I like your way of solving problems!! Let me know if I can assist!!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 04:05 AM   #149
recce
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i & 335i

Adrian,

Any news on N55 development? I will be getting my car in late Oct and wondering if there is anything for my new ride. Cheers!

Ken
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2010, 07:42 PM   #150
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by recce View Post
Adrian,

Any news on N55 development? I will be getting my car in late Oct and wondering if there is anything for my new ride. Cheers!

Ken
Hi Ken,

N55 release is imminent. We jumped the major hurtles with this engine almost 3 months ago, and have been testing and tuning since. A few weeks ago we posted some dyno runs of our test car which did almost 340hp ATW with just Procede and otherwise stock. This is well above any competing tune. Last week we added meth and a cat back exhaust and went to the drags. We also added drag tyres, but the DCT gearbox did not seem to like us doing a burnout to warm up the tyres, so we ended up with a worse launch than we hoped (and probably worse than some descent road tyres), but we will solve those issue in future and go again. Still, we achieved a 12.3@117.5MPH with a 2s 60 foot, which is by far and away the best result achieved for a N55 yet. We know that with some grip and tune tweaking, we should see a high 11 at 118MPH with very limitted mods. Add a decat pipe and FMIC, and we should get to mid 11s at around 120-122MPH. THis is up there with N54 results.

So we are in beta phase at the moment, and expect to start selling the by FAR best performing N55 tune in about a month... hopefully earlier.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 03:52 AM   #151
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

If Kenny and Pete at Advan give it the tick of approval its the real deal. Peter's been building tough street and race cars for years, primarily GTRs. He literally spends every day either on the dyno or in the engine room building. Kenny's been around FI BMWs and most of the Sydney workshops for the best part of a decade. Knowing him personally, he's fastidious, he wouldn't have gone with it if it wasn't the best available option on the market to achieve his goals.

Powerchip is a totally different kettle of fish, you really can't compare the two, procede from what I have seen (which is limited) is tunable, powerchip is a one size fits all.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #152
aws
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Garage List
2008 135i  [1.00]
What is the process to order a procede unit for my 2008 135i/Manual and deliver to Brisbane?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #153
chappy
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 M-SPORT COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aws View Post
What is the process to order a procede unit for my 2008 135i/Manual and deliver to Brisbane?
Just pm adrian/vishnu he will set you up not much as you get full backup in australia than if you bought in the usa, not much dearer here from adrian you won't be disappointed plenty of power also have a look over the E90 forum as well more info.
      10-23-2010, 02:33 AM   #154
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Just pm adrian/vishnu he will set you up not much as you get full backup in australia than if you bought in the usa, not much dearer here from adrian you won't be disappointed plenty of power also have a look over the E90 forum as well more info.
Yep... Just contact me. Send me a PM, and I can send further contact details. Unfortunately we are out of stock for about 2 weeks, but will be fine after that. This is also the case for the USA.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0