BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-11-2016, 08:47 AM   #1
Xr8ted
Rep
Drives: 186 rwhp ducati 1098r

Snap on digital video scope + 65K N55 ENGINE & head porting results ?

So I have been involved with some of the worlds top engine development programs on the planet. After a recent offer to move away from racing by a major OEM manufacture to help with prototype development for future projects, I found myself commuting 15 miles to work each day in San Francisco congested bay area riding my ducati 1098r was just to dangerous plus it runs on 100 octane it wasn't the most efficient way to commute. So I needed a cheap way to satisfy my thirst for a fun car. I searched for fun reasonably priced cars and came across a 135i m sport 2011 Car currently has

Cobb v3
ER charge Pipe
ER Down pipe
full exhaust

so far so good my evo 2 wagner comp intercooler arrives tomarrow

Tonite I was bored and seen the effects of the Direct injection on the forum, so I decided to pop off the charge pipe and stick my Snap on digital video scope down the throttle body. To my surprise it was better then I expected all though far from the heads I have been looking at for the last 12 years.. below are the photos of my findings

My next question is has anyone played with port work or have any data on how these heads are working seem to be the typical 4v layout which on similar engines I often am able to get 100 cfm gains on the intake. interested in buying a stock n55 head to slap on the flow bench to play with if anyone has a source for one.. also below is a few pics of heads I play around with for personal projects.

Porsche 3.2 head

sbf heads before valve work

LSX heads

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 01:26 PM   #2
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

check out: http://bimmerperformancecenter.com/bpc-diesel/

They have posted a few exciting projects they are working on for the N52, recently
Appreciate 0