E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > about to pick up a manual

05-26-2006, 09:38 PM   #45
blke90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrike
You dont know how to drive if you dont drive a manual car. and thats true!
auto tranny is only for kids and ladies
Yeah...Try driving in Los Angeles rush hour traffic with a stick and see how much you love it. I love manuals...but not very fun in LA.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 02:53 AM   #46
luckystrike
First Lieutenant
Austria
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 MSport

well try the manila my friend one of the worst traffic in the world., but still most cars there are manual.

black saph./black leather/xenon/heated seatscomfort pkg./advantage pkg
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 03:24 AM   #47
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90bandit
I am about to pick up a manual 325i. The deal is done, and I know that I want a manual.

Heres my problem. I dont feel comfortable driving manual and I am worried that I could damage the car\clutch taking it off of the lot. All of my cars have been automatics. I have only driven a manual for a matter of minutes on a friends accord in a parking lot, and that was years ago.

And I dont have access to practice on a manual before I pick the car up. Is it feasible to rent a manual car from enterprise or avis?

Or am I worrying over nothing? I DO know how to drive a manual (in theory). I just dont have much practical experience.

What do you guys think? Can I wing it and pick the car up or should I get some sort of a lesson from a driving school or rent a manual from a car rental company (if they even carry them).

-Aaron
Got balls! I miss my stick too but the Step is not that bad. You could go test drive other cars with sticks at the dealership. You can only get better with experience. I bought my first stick 10 years ago and never had a stick before. I did have the theory but I think I had more practice with friends cars than you did. I don't think you will have a problem so go for it and you will be fine!
      05-28-2006, 08:29 PM   #48
climkt
Bimmer Manual all the way
Singapore
Rep
Drives: e90 320i manual

checked my driver manual over the weekend. hill assist is called officially 'drivers assistant' and helps to hold car for 2 sec on a slope. they / BMW did warn that if you car is heavy, the car will still roll backwards. offered only on 6 cylinder models, hence i never noticed it on my car.
Appreciate 0