BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #23
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

The Roundel article points out that there are little triangles moulded into the sidewall of the tire to show you where the tread portion of the tire ends. They talked about using a white marker thing you write on car windows with (at least you do if you are selling cars) available from an autoparts store to mark the area of one of these little triangles and then looking to see how much white is left when your run is done. If the only white rubbed off is from the tread portion, you have the right pressure. If some of the sidewall is rubbed off, you increase. If some of the tread portion is still white, you reduce. They recommeded doing all 4 tires. Seems reasonable to me.