BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #23
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

So the Principal is honouring the agreed trade-in price the sales guy gave you earlier?

edit: My dad was once a target for Holden and their bullshit tactics. He traded in two cars for a new Astra - one was pre-traded in, and the other when the car was ready for pick-up. Something happened though that made them not want the 2nd car traded-in on the pick-up date (will keep the reason disclosed). So my father just asked for the $$ for the first car he traded in months earlier. They tried to short-change him by $500 saying that the trade-in prices for both cars varied by $500, but my father wouldnt accept it. They kept calling him asking him to pick up the cheque for the car, but he said wouldn't until they had the proper figure in the cheque. Weeks went by until they finally gave in and arranged another cheque. Keep in mind though, the trade-in prices were in the contract...

Some food for thought.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #24
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
So the Principal is honouring the agreed trade-in price the sales guy gave you earlier?
I wish he did! Really, I just wanted them them to acknowledge that it's not right. The sales when he called yesterday, didn't really say sorry - he just keep explaining that it was a communication error? Making more and more excuses?

The principal did mention that on some circumstances, depending on the customer, they'll quote a trade-in price that goes with a full list price where the discount is included in the trade.

Obviously, why on earth the sales quote me a discount included trade-in price while he gave me a discount on the car beats me. Still a little bit annoyed, but the principal apologised sincerely for their error, and really, I guess I also accepted his reasoning that he will never allowed deceiving practice in his dealership as that would ruin the reputation very quickly seems sound, especially for something like this that they can't get away with.

So, I guess at the end, what might have happened was that he quoted me a 'retail price' as I was looking at car in their stock. And then as things developed... he sort of got himself cornered when I ordered the car, but didn't want to jeopardized his sale (and that's two cars!) if he clearly told me that they were 'retailed' price and not the 'wholesale' price.

Looking back, I can recall him hinting that what he quoted was not really what he quoted, and it was clear to me in his voice when he quoted the real trade-in that he's in trouble.

So, my conclusion is that - he probably haven't had the intention to mislead, but he ended up trapped and not fessing up early in case he lose the sales. He's only been selling cars for 7 months, so I guess that's a lesson he learnt.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 09:31 PM   #25
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

oh well when you get behind the wheel and feel the horses this will be leaving your mind at 100kph in 5 seconds
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #26
OOOSQ
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M / CLA45 AMG SB

Get the best price you can and throw on paper for the new car.

Then throw them your trade. That way you limit the overtrade in the deal.

Straight up Maths to see whether what your trade is worth and what the new car is worth and whether it works for you in the overall changeover.

I sell for a living so I know the tricks.
Appreciate 0