BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #23
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
You got a point there... If you check out the old group buy thread, the communication is lacking severly. People who paid are BEGGING for an update. Crazy, these members paid and they are NOT asking for their product, they are simply asking for an update. I cant speak for the vendors, but as a consumer that is something I want to avoid, period. Hopefully everything works out because the product is amazing but part of having a successful company is being successful in every aspect.
I think that's likely why they pushed off the customer/sales aspect over to vivid.

If you can't do it yourself, outsource it not a bad philosophy.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #24
jthorst75
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 ///M Coupe

I wasn't aware that I had to pay first to get an answer to my question. I also thought that payment had to be in before Feb 15, so I'll ask again. Is this going to be like the last group buy where everyone is still waiting for there parts? I think that is a fair enough question before I got in over my head and my order isn't fullfilled. Just curious before I pay. Thanks
      01-30-2010, 08:19 PM   #25
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

I am down!! I LOVE ICARBON
. I talked to both ICarbon and Vivid Racing this week and found there customer service excellent. I like to support small American businesses whenever possible and as the 1st group buy can attest to, these diffusers are top quality, look great, and we appreciate the great pricing for us 135i drivers....

1. TJockey
2. AndyM
3. Rosky1
4. Izaglo***PAID***

Last edited by IZAGLO; 07-17-2011 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: Paid today
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #26
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Jhorst75 - I dont have any control over the past Group Buy..
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 12:43 AM   #27
emac08
got em' son
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i sold / 08 E90 M3 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
Jhorst75 - I dont have any control over the past Group Buy..
So you do have control over this one. The long wait experienced by the previous group buy is the only thing that is making me hesitate on this one...Do you already have the items in stock ready for shipping or will the parts need to be custom made as ordered?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #28
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Items are not instock and are to be made. Do I have control... Yes cause I will not have the buck past on to our name for others inabilities. I/We strive for excellence. I will personally make sure things happen or people get their funds back.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:16 AM   #29
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
I am down!! I LOVE ICARBON
. I talked to both ICarbon and Vivid Racing this week and found there customer service excellent. I like to support small American businesses whenever possible and as the 1st group buy can attest to, these diffusers are top quality, look great, and we appreciate the great pricing for us 135i drivers....

1. TJockey
2. AndyM
3. Rosky1
4. Izaglo
Meanwhile there are some very ticked off people in GB1, that have been waiting for the front lips since Thanksgiving, then end of November, then Christmas, then New Years, then mid-January...on and on and on. How about filling those orders first?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #30
vividracing
United_States
Rep

you are barking up the wrong tree, that has nothing to do with me or this GB.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 11:44 AM   #31
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Items are not instock and are to be made. Do I have control... Yes cause I will not have the buck past on to our name for others inabilities. I/We strive for excellence. I will personally make sure things happen or people get their funds back.
so if the items are not in stock, it goes agaisnt what the iCarbon team said

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
With that said, we're never running a pre-production Group Buy again because deadlines change and we don't ever want to have a disappointed customer ever again. Instead, we're just going to have pieces in stock, and release them to the public once we already have inventory, You'll be seeing this shortly with the release of some really cool new parts for the E8x 1 Series!
- iCarbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrichd View Post
Meanwhile there are some very ticked off people in GB1, that have been waiting for the front lips since Thanksgiving, then end of November, then Christmas, then New Years, then mid-January...on and on and on. How about filling those orders first?
Quote:
you are barking up the wrong tree, that has nothing to do with me or this GB.
he is def barking up the right tree, IMO it was in poor taste to start another GB w/ out the original one being completed. And to make it worse, its gonna be the same deal as the first one since parts are not in stock

dont get me wrong, i appreciate you guys doing another one. just that the timing was terrible, if parts were in stock, i would have 100% ordered the rear diffuser
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #32
vividracing
United_States
Rep

Items are not instock for this GB. Being made once GB ends on the 15th.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 12:14 PM   #33
Simon_135i
Collecting dust!
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 E82/135i  [0.00]
Interesting development! I do think think Vivid would provide a MUCH IMPROVE customer service on updates but ultimately there isn't much they can do with regards to iCarbon's production speed.

I would agree... its def poor taste to start off a group buy when there are many members still waiting for their parts. True it might be a different third party but in the ends its the SAME SOURCE...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #34
emac08
got em' son
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i sold / 08 E90 M3 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon_135i View Post
Interesting development! I do think think Vivid would provide a MUCH IMPROVE customer service on updates but ultimately there isn't much they can do with regards to iCarbon's production speed.

I would agree... its def poor taste to start off a group buy when there are many members still waiting for their parts. True it might be a different third party but in the ends its the SAME SOURCE...

in the end.. if iCarbon is still backed up on GB1... then they will start backed up on GB2
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #35
RGM135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i coupe black/black

Vivid is representing a company that apparently has not delivered on an existing group buy. Why would you not try to get an answer or better yet, the parts, for those in the first group buy?
Whether you like it or not you are now associated with iCarbon....good and bad...and the buck is passed to Vivid with that association.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 12:49 PM   #36
vividracing
United_States
Rep

This is not a iCarbon review thread guys. I am just a vendor selling a manufactures product like any other person.

I am in contact with iCarbon weekly anyways. Their email to me was...
"Regarding the new group buy, the reason we have a mid march delivery date is because that will give us more than enough time to have our original customers taken care of and pump out enough units to cover the vivids GB and still have enough units in stock."

So if you are not interested in this GB, dont comment.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 12:50 PM   #37
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
I would jump on it but since i dont have my lip yet..im not dropping another dime until i see it.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 01:35 PM   #38
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

I think that is the issue...
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(1addicts.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 02:42 PM   #39
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastman View Post
I think that is the issue...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #40
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Hot Diggity Dawgs.....there is no doubt in my mind that ICarbon will come through for everyone that purchased there products on the first group buy. BEFORE anything is started on this buy...If not that would be business suicide and a total lack of professionalism....and everyone at ICarbon and Vivid i have spoken to seems very customer service oriented and very hip, got back to me on a timely basis, and above all else likes a fine glass of beer!!LOL....i feel for you cat's that are waiting...i been there before.. on my last car waiting 3 months for my Advans, waiting a month for my CP-T TBE and the 25 year wait to own a BMW.....I can wait for the diffuser if needed, and i no what i may be getting into, but the quality of the piece backed by cool folks making the product seems like a win to me....I will be paying for the diffuser bby weeks end and then the "WAIT".
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #41
escobar929
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hot Diggity Dawgs.....there is no doubt in my mind that ICarbon will come through for everyone that purchased there products on the first group buy. BEFORE anything is started on this buy...If not that would be business suicide and a total lack of professionalism....and everyone at ICarbon and Vivid i have spoken to seems very customer service oriented and very hip, got back to me on a timely basis, and above all else likes a fine glass of beer!!LOL....i feel for you cat's that are waiting...i been there before.. on my last car waiting 3 months for my Advans, waiting a month for my CP-T TBE and the 25 year wait to own a BMW.....I can wait for the diffuser if needed, and i no what i may be getting into, but the quality of the piece backed by cool folks making the product seems like a win to me....I will be paying for the diffuser bby weeks end and then the "WAIT".
no one is mad about the wait, the problem is the lack of updates and the promise of an update, then nothing

we've been getting updates telling us there is an update coming
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #42
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
Quote:
no one is mad about the wait, the wait is fine. just that there are several things...

- Promised an update, but no significant one came.
- Another group buy has started when this one hasn't even ended.

customer service is great no doubt, but it only goes a little way if the products/updates are not showing up....
      02-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #43
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

It would be better if the people who have Icarbon GB1 questions/comments or issues with them post it on that thread or start another issues with Icarbon thread. The guys who are participating in this GB deserve a thread focused on their GB.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2010, 10:15 PM   #44
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135IBMW View Post
It would be better if the people who have Icarbon GB1 questions/comments or issues with them post it on that thread or start another issues with Icarbon thread. The guys who are participating in this GB deserve a thread focused on their GB.
I beg to differ. Potential buyers of this group buy need to be aware of the problems seen so far from iCarbon. As a potential buyer myself, I would never check the previous group buy thread (as it ended), and thus would have no idea that there had been the delay and problems....
buyer beware and all that.

my 2 cents

(not a shot on icarbon, like their stuff, will likely buy some of their stuff, just voicing from a business perspective)
Appreciate 0