BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #23
saveferris
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isdaako View Post
Welcome to the site.
How would you compare the fit and finish between the Camaro and the 135i?
I had one of the very early Camaros, it was delivered to me in May, 2009 and I think the very first ones starting getting to dealers in April. I say that because mine was put together extremely well and I have no idea how the current cars are. There was a lot of rumor then about Chevy spending in inordinate amount of time on QC for the early cars since they knew they'd get a lot of feedback and wanted it to be as good as possible. I have no idea how accurate that is but the fit and finish on my car was superb. Way ahead of what I expected. Admittedly though I wasn't expecting it to be as good as my Lexus and it's not but for Chevy/GM it was way above expectations.

I've only had the 135 for a little over a week so it's hard to compare but my initial thoughts are the fit and finish is about the same and that's true about the quality of materials too - neither of these cars have very high quality interior materials. From a fit and finish standpoint maybe I expect more from BWM and less from Chevy so that's why I think they are about the same. The Camaro was solid though.

I owned the Camaro for just about 4 years and had just under 37,000 miles on it and it never had a rattle, squeak, or unwanted noise anywhere. I'm extremely picky about it too. There were two things regarding fit and finish that weren't perfect. At the end of the wiper arm there is a little black plastic boot and one of mine came off, you could only see it when the hood was up and it had zero impact to anything, it was purely a covering for the wiper arm. The other thing was a missing tab on one of the taillights that I noticed when I replaced them. There are four tabs so missing one didn't seem to make any difference.

The 135 does have a few annoying creaks - the armrest one bugs me the most right now so I'll have to get to the bottom of it....it seems to have more noises, creaks, etc and it's not as old as the Camaro when I sold it.

Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #24
alpinewhiteone
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

buy 2011 or later to get the seven speed DCT. from everything i have read they are an improvement over the original 135 auto.
Appreciate 0