BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-22-2014, 12:38 AM   #23
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by submarshall View Post
so my car just went through a huge over haul. 2 new turbos and lines, all new injectors, new DME, all new wiring, new valve cover, 6 new spark plugs. all adding up to about 12,000 including labor. thankfully it was all covered by bmw under goodwill. so the bottom line issue was the oil lines that feed the turbos were corroded and nasty, I guess due to the weather in guam. so bmw did all of the other stuff before the turbo replacement (which was good for me to get all of that other stuff for free!!) Just wanted to give all you guys out there an updade.
No, I bet due to you turning off a really hot engine! Do you put your engine away hot? After a hard drive. ??? Our turbos might be water cooled but shutting off a really hot engine and this is what you get.

I really think its normal to see some white smoke when you don't have any cats in your exhaust. I'm curious to see if the smoke comes back.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #24
DLNKWNT
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by submarshall View Post
I didn't have them on the car at all through the whole dealership process.
Thx.
Appreciate 0