BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-20-2022, 08:12 AM   #1
Coyner
Rep
Drives: BMW1M/Porsche 997/ 66 Mustang

Sachs Performance clutch is slipping

HI Folks,

A couple of years back I bought a 1M Coupe with 35,000 miles and noticed the clutch felt weak and was very slow to bite during hard launches so I had it replaced last year with a Sachs Performance unit and release bearing (but not the flywheel) .

The car was in storage over winter and was not driven and the Sachs clutch has less than 1,000 miles on it.

The Sachs unit has a much heavier clutch pedal pressure so I assumed it would bite much harder but now it is too slipping when under full throttle in gears 5 or 6 !! And even under moderate driving the clutch smells.

I enjoy driving fast and do push cars hard but I am not abusive in my driving style and have never had clutch issues with any other car I have owned .

Before I get my mechanic to take it apart again have you any suggestions as to what may be the issue here ? Perhaps the flywheel is glazed or something like that

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 04:00 PM   #2
Snertz
H O O N
United_States
Rep
Drives: ein M!

The release bearing may have been installed in the wrong position. It has two positions, high and low, if installed in the high position it prevents the clutch from fully engaging thus slipping at higher loads.

U WOT M8?
Appreciate 1
ayao627.50