BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-24-2014, 03:04 PM   #1
Rainier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

In Stuttgart and a VO 1M took me at the light

I'm on holiday in Germany this week and we're starting off in Stuttgart at the Porsche museum tomorrow mornng, pics to come.

Anyway we're at a stop light this evening right in front of the Audi and Mercedes centers and a VO 1M was next to me at the light. And of course he had to get on it to show off. If you are here on the forum you have a great car. The tag was local in case any Stuttgart 1Ms keep an eye on the board.

Anyway a great week of driving is ahead of us as we travel about at high speed. Although my wife doesn't like me going above 200 kph with the kids in the car, so I can have to take it slow.

One observation, Zuffenhausen is a nice town but you would think there would be more Porsches around. I bet it's the same in Bowling Green...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
The guy with the 1M was probably not american. There is only 1 american with a AW 1M and he's a old guy. I think I know the car as I have seen the VO 1M before.

I am here in Stuttgart. Have safe travels. If you are ever around shoot me a message.
      10-24-2014, 03:58 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Welcome to Germany @Rainier

You might want to go visit the Porsche Museum later in the afternoon tomorrow(Saturday), because starting at 19:00 Porsche is holding their very special: "Sound Nacht" (Sound Night) where they start up the cars inside the museum and rev the engines. They also have the driver's who drove these special race cars come and explain a few things(in German & English). Very cool. This event only happens once every year!

http://www.porsche.com/museum/de/veranstaltungen/

Also... be sure to walk across the street into the Porsche Zentrum and look around. There is also a small shop inside the Zentrum(dealer) for Porsche Design stuff.

You can drive up the street to see the big parking lot where all the freshly finished cars get loaded onto trucks and off to their awaiting new owners.

Adestraße 49, 70435 Stuttgart

And Werk I is here...
Schwieberdinger Straße 142
70435 Stuttgart

Werk I is where Ferry Porsche and the race dept was located. It is now where the "special wishes" dept is located along with the parts dept.

And finally here is a really nice restaurant for typical good German food. It is located next to a football field and it has a very narrow driveway to enter - but the food is really good here!

Neuwirtshausstraße 199
70439 Stuttgart

Dackel
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
josh135
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

I took a new m3 on the hockenheimring today. Pretty funny couple of my buddies that saw it were laughing. First run was fun but second one something happened , small boost leak somewhere that I will be looking for tomorrow.