BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
jmcgraw013
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i Cv

Need body shop recommendation

Regrettably, my mind was elsewhere thinking about some heavy stuff at work when leaving my office this evening and the sun was in my eyes... Ouch! I backed into a pickup truck parked behind me. No damage to the hitch on his truck, but the right rear corner of my bumper was punctured and there are a few scratches. I got my car from Passport in MD. Has anyone here had experience with Passport's body shop or other BMW dealers' body shops in the DC area? Any ideas on the cost to replace and paint the bumper? Since it's plastic, I doubt I would want it patched but rather completely replaced.

Your advice is welcome. Thanks!

'11 135i Cabriolet
Crimson Red, CPO, Savanna Beige Lthr, High Gloss, Shadowline
DCT, Prem Pkg, Sp Pkg, Value Pkg, Sirius, Alarm, CA, 264's
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
BMWAdvisor
The Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: All the BMWs on the lot

I know nothing about Passport but I work at BMW of Charlottesville and they do really good work. Everyone seems to be pleased with the service, how the work is done, and most come back to us when anything is needed. As I'm a Client Advisor, I can't give TOO much info on the service dept. but it wouldn't hurt to call and get a quote and check to see if they can repair the damage. Furthermore...it's ALWAYS best to get as much done with a BMW dealer as possible. If you ever plan to sell it, etc. the resell value is typically more.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
jmcgraw013
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I called this morning and found out that Passport doesn't actually have their own body shop - they use Color Crafters. I ended up going to BMW of Fairfax that does have their own shop - so I'm going to have them fix it.

'11 135i Cabriolet
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Glad you found an acceptable shop. For future reference, I've used Burnt Mills Auto Body in Silver Spring twice in the last few years - once to repair a Z4 someone damaged in a parking lot, and once to fix my 128i hood after I stupidly misjudged an obstacle in my own garage. Both jobs were of excellent quality and their prices are quite reasonable.
Tom
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
jmcgraw013
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the recommendation. I just got my 1er back this evening from BMW of Fairfax's body shop and their work was flawless! The paint on the rear bumper matches exactly and the car looks as stunning as it was the day it was delivered. I highly recommend them for your BMW auto body repair needs.

'11 135i Cabriolet
Appreciate 0