BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #67
BMWX1-35i
2015 X1 35i XDrive with NAV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToe View Post
Personally I like the ride and responsiveness of the rft. That said I like the ultimate grip of the mpss which in my view is better since I track the car too. Lots of rft bashing on this forum but in reality there is a tradeoff and you have to decide which characteristics you prefer.
I agree with this ^^^ I like my RFT.. I have had a few cars with and without RFT and they have their benefits. If you push your car VERY hard on the road, then RTF may not be for you. Under normal conditions and occasional track days, RTF's are just fine. I think the RTF get too much bad publicity mainly from the high end performance minded people. In general the RTF's will fit the bill most times. That's IMHO

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Ultimate, NAV & Cold Weather Package
MHD, FTP Motorsports Charge Pipe, Drop in K&N
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 06:29 PM   #68
Donny Rino1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 330 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmartan View Post
Funny. I came from a 350z and the RFTs on the 135i were killing my kidneys and I could not get them off fast enough. I did have a past experience that taught me tires with soft sidewalls even when highly rated don't work for me. I have not regretted my choice of Michelin PSS and it appears to be very popular as a RFT replacement. Does anyone else think these are sloppy compared to the stock RFTs?
I agree 100 percent. I made the same mistake on my 330. Changing the tires to non run flats is a mistake unless you plan on doing suspension work. The fact of the matter is that the cars suspension was designed for rft. Anyone that is happy with there choice to go with non runflats most likely never pushes there car.
Appreciate 0