BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #23
TexasKid
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BigWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill@Tirerack.com View Post
Agreed.

I have over 20,000 miles on my set of GTS-R's and they have been wonderful. I have put them through the ringer via normal road conditions (potholes, expansion joints, road contruction, etc...) and they have been great.

Texas Kid has been beating the "defective" drum for months now. He is on a personal quest to bash this wheel because we asked to inspect the damage on his current wheels, instead of just mailing him a new pair at no charge (his preferred solution.) He has, to this day, declined inspection. We have no way to know if the damage stems from a defect in the wheel or abuse.
Actually no...your customer service person said I needed to purchase a new set and send my old ones in. If TR found them to be defective then they would credit my second purchase back to me. They said I could also take them to a rim repair shop that THEY recommended to have the proper testing done to PROVE how the cracks were caused (at my expense) but I would still need to ship them to TR for extensive inspection before they would be warrantee'd. If I had bought them locally (they are ONLY sold at TR online, go figure) I would have a person I could deal with face to face and not some coward hiding behind a screen. Trust me, the conversations would be very different. TireCrap is a shit company that I will never deal with again.
      01-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #24
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Can you just send the broken wheels to TR for them to inspect? I don't understand why TR asked you to purchase new ones first???
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #25
Bcav
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #26
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasKid View Post
Actually no...your customer service person said I needed to purchase a new set and send my old ones in. If TR found them to be defective then they would credit my second purchase back to me. They said I could also take them to a rim repair shop that THEY recommended to have the proper testing done to PROVE how the cracks were caused (at my expense) but I would still need to ship them to TR for extensive inspection before they would be warrantee'd.
You're not going to jack this thread for your own personal crusade. This will be the last time I address your situation. People entering this thread don't want to read this airing of personal laundry.

1. You say you have a manufacturing defect in your wheels but you refuse to send them to us for inspection. The pictures you sent to us showed damage consistent with impact damage and you were told we'd have to see them to be sure. You were told if they were deemed defective you'd be reimbursed for shipping.

2. No one told you that you had to buy new wheels in the mean time. You said you didn't have any other wheels to roll on while these were out (you must have found a pair while these were being repaired.) It was suggested to you as a solution to your problem since no company that I've heard of is just going to send you two free wheels and hope they get something back to inspect. The purchase price would be refunded if they were indeed defective.

3. You've also refused to have them tested locally knowing full well if they are deemed defective you'll be reimburesed for the inspection.

4. We've tried to work with you and we've given you every reasonable option to have these inspected....and you've declined to help yourself at each step.

5. The offer is a standing one. If you want an inspection, let us know. 800-981-3783 x360. Otherwise, we're going to move on.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.

Last edited by Gary@TireRack; 01-12-2010 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: content and context
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #27
TexasKid
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're not going to jack this thread for your own personal crusade. This will be the last time I address your situation. People entering this thread don't want to read this airing of personal laundry.

1. You say you have a manufacturing defect in your wheels but you refuse to send them to us for inspection. You were told if they were deemed defective you'd be reimbursed for shipping.
2. No one told you that you had to buy new wheels in the mean time. You said you didn't have any other wheels to roll on while these were out (you must have found a pair while these were being repaired.) It was suggested to you as a solution to your problem since no company that I've heard of is just going to send you two free wheels and hope they get something back to inspect. The purchase price would be refunded if they were indeed defective.
3. You've also refused to have them tested locally knowing full well if they are deemed defective you'll be reimburesed for the inspection.
4. We've tried to work with you and we've given you every reasonable option to have these inspected....and you've declined to help yourself at each step.
5. The offer is a standing one. If you want an inspection, let us know. 800-981-3783 x360. Otherwise, we're going to move on.

The only thing getting jacked in this conversation is me. My problem with your "system" is that TR tells me one thing, then another, but in the end it's me coming out of pocket due to a defective product that was sold to me. You are correct, I don't have an extra set of wheels. The times that I've had them repaired has been when my car has been in for service (i.e., HPFP getting replaced, Dinan software added, etc...things that take several days to remedy). Your customer service rep told me that I would have to buy a second set, send mine in and basically hope that they would be warrantee'd, even after she said I could take them to a place of TR's choice to have them tested if I chose to pay for it...although the testing wouldn't mean anything because I would still have to let TR see them for an ultimate decision. Tell me, how does that make any sense? I've bought alot of things online (cars, furniture, motorcycles, etc) and I've NEVER had such a sh*tty experience as I have from TR. Hell, I ordered Hawk brake pads from TR a few months back and y'all even screwed that up. I ordered pads and they shipped to a wrong address and I missed out on an opportunity for a closed track day due to someone's incompetance. You say you've tried to "work with me," yet you've given me ONE option. I hope voicing my experience turns alot of people off from buying not only Breyton equipment, but from your company as a whole.

And last time I checked, public forums were created in part to ALLOW people to air out problems...to inform others of their experiences.
      01-12-2010, 03:54 PM   #28
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasKid View Post
And last time I checked, public forums were created in part to ALLOW people to air out problems...to inform others of their experiences.
That's true, Randall. Original thread.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310912

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 06:15 PM   #29
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

If you have babied them and have hit nothing then why would you not just send them in for inspection? It is inconvenient but you will get the desired result. There is no reason for you not to send them in if in fact what you are saying is true.
      01-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #30
TexasKid
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishace View Post
If you have babied them and have hit nothing then why would you not just send them in for inspection? It is inconvenient but you will get the desired result. There is no reason for you not to send them in if in fact what you are saying is true.
And...what do I drive while my car is up on blocks? I was willing to take them to a local wheel shop (location suggested by TR) to have a damage inspection done to determine the cause, but TR still wants to see them even after a professional rim shop tests them. TR tells me where to have them tested, but they still want to see them to decide if the rim shop they sent me to was telling the truth. Where am I missing the logic in this? You tell me where to go, but you aren't taking their word.

I'm done with this...I'm out. TR can lick my balls.
      01-13-2010, 05:48 AM   #31
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Ah, the entitlement generation. Everyone owes them everything, exactly as they want it.

TexasChild, please quit shitting in numerous threads.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 05:49 AM   #32
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135

May I ask if these come in 19" ?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #33
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

^^They do not currently. Perhaps in the future but for now only 18"

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 03:16 PM   #34
Bcav
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
take some pics of where they cracked
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #35
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

no complaints here either. Had mine for 10k miles. Hit more than a few jaw jarring potholes and the rims held up just fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 04:22 PM   #36
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:
^^They do not currently. Perhaps in the future but for now only 18"
Are there any issues with the dunlop Star spec 255/35/18's being almost an inch shorter than stock in the back? I know the 225/40/18 are slightly taller than the stock fronts and slightly taller than the 255's. I rather go with a 265 in the rear but i know most say it rubbs.
      01-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #37
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Hmmm. I am thinking of these for the track this year. Would you guys recommend them? I would really like a 'square' setup so they can be rotated. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #38
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
Are there any issues with the dunlop Star spec 255/35/18's being almost an inch shorter than stock in the back? I know the 225/40/18 are slightly taller than the stock fronts and slightly taller than the 255's. I rather go with a 265 in the rear but i know most say it rubbs.
The Z1 SS in 255/35/18 is the same OD as the OE Bridgestone rear tire, 25.0"
They do run a little wider. 255/35 fits fine but I'm sure you'd get some rub out of the box with a 265.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #39
Nifty
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3

I ordered tires from TR and I had nothing but a good experience. That said, I can see why TexasKid is somewhat annoyed.

His problem is simply that he does not have another set of wheels to ride on. While the options given to him sound different, they are essentially the same in that he will have to send the tires back BEFORE he can get a replacement. It doesn't make sense that TR would send him somewhere of their choice for inspection just to have them do another inspection.

I don't see why TR can't send out new wheels before the old ones are sent back as long as the inspector of their choosing verifies a defect.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #40
Bcav
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
how much is it for a oem tire exactly? just the rubber?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #41
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcav View Post
how much is it for a oem tire exactly? just the rubber?

hahahah oem bridgestones from tirerack, 4 brand new...are $1400 (if I remember correctly)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 01:04 PM   #42
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

I like the look of them, but I feel like everyone has them. Or at least too many for me. But they definitely look great, and from what I have heard they are quality made. You really couldn't go wrong...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #43
rsjean
satch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad@PSI MOTORS View Post
These are some of my favorite rims. I have a Jet black 135 also and want to put them on or the Advan RZ's in gunmetal finish. They are 19's though but are still lighter than stock.
If you do can you post some pictures? I'm really intrigued by a black on black look and the red stripe could give me an accent to play off of - red roundels etc. But sometimes I think it would be just too much black and that there needs to be a contrast between car color and whats going on in the wheel wells.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #44
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

TexasKid's story doesn't make sense to me. If he broke his rims, didn't he have to put something else on the car? If he is riding on another wheel why would there be an issue with sending them to Tire Rack? If they still work and he continues to drive on them, why complain on line and disparage Tire Rack and the wheels? If they are "broke" send them in for inspection. If they have small cracks that are a cosmetic issue but you are still driving on them, it doesn't seem worth the air time it's getting. You seem to have a choice and are choosing to just use them, despite your comments they are "broke".

Jim