BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-01-2009, 09:34 PM   #23
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

[quote=x5mad;5431521]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post

The recent run in with the cops have sorted made me lie low for a while now. I really want to but they are out in force god damn everywhere. Will wait until I get onto the track so I can get better and more accurate numbers.
Come to the Lakeside trackday with the BMW club on Friday the 17th. May be a few 1ers there. Track has just been resurfaced & reopened. I can post a sign-up link if anyone is interested. There'll be; beginner, slow, med & fast groups and people to provide in & out of car training. Whatever group you're in you'll leave with a huge grin.

BTW, it doesn't matter how much you change the software for the gearbox, engine - even the radio!, you won't change the rpm your engine will be turning at 100km/hr.
      07-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #24
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Hey Tim, what's the conditions/cost etc for the BMW track day?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #25
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
[QUOTE=TimMc;5431685]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post

Come to the Lakeside trackday with the BMW club on Friday the 17th. May be a few 1ers there. Track has just been resurfaced & reopened. I can post a sign-up link if anyone is interested. There'll be; beginner, slow, med & fast groups and people to provide in & out of car training. Whatever group you're in you'll leave with a huge grin.

BTW, it doesn't matter how much you change the software for the gearbox, engine - even the radio!, you won't change the rpm your engine will be turning at 100km/hr.
Would be interested in the details. A link would be much appreciated as I have a few queries like, are convertibles allowed, cost, membership required, details of the day etc etc.

Also with the rpm thing, yeh I know as well. But am still puzzled, DMS from the UK replied and could not give an answer either as they confirmed the reflash should not have altered anything like that. How bizzare!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 02:08 AM   #26
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

You don't have to be a member.
I know the president of the club used to get around the track in his vert so I don't think there's an issue there. Often lots of MX5s!
Cost $210 for non members

Here's an excerpt from the email sent to me. Gus is a little passionate about trackdays...;

"ORGASMIC! ...
... is how the new layout at Lakeside Park has been described to me from a fellow autophile who recently visited there. Without taking anything away from the original historic brilliance of this circuit, the new handlers of this unbridled beast have successfully enhanced what is Brisbane's most treasured possession.

Along with re-surfacing the less than ideal sections of the track, they have re-profiled Shell corner onto the main straight and widened the kink so that if you do have the goulies to go through flat, you could drive around the outside of a slower car with plenty of real estate to spare. Obviously we don't encourage overtaking in these sections of the track but it's nice to know it's there if you needed it. Exiting the carousel is still as hair raising as ever while the back section still has that old Lakeside lumpiness about it which ensures you stay on your toes and don't let the complacency of freshly opened new highway smoothness seep in.

The paddock has also been dramatically improved with garages all the way through the pit area providing plenty of shade, a restaraunt for those who wish to nibble between stints and grassed areas instead of acres of decaying vegetation. It really is not to be missed.

I have been informed that the webshop is open for registrations http://www.bmwclubqld.asn.au/Filesto...T-Lakeside.htm so jump on and check out all the details. The big one to remember at this circuit is the NOISE RESTRICTION, but it's nothing that a bit of steel wool in your muffler can't fix. As always, safety items are highly recommended and are soon to become mandatory for club events so it's a good idea to prepare for them sooner rather than later.

This will make up the second round of official club timing for the sprint series so for those that wish to come along and just have a drive please do so, and for those who wish to get some quick lap times on the board remember that safety is still our number one priority and we want to see everyone driving home happily in their cars in the afternoon.

We do have a couple of dedicated club members who have kindly offered their time to volunteer as marshalls on the day, however we do need a minimum of 6 so if you wish to be trackside (where you get the best view of the action and a free lunch) please let me know.

As always, participants do not need to be club members or drive a BMW, everyone is always welcome.

Any questions please don't hesitate to contact me, otherwise I look forward to seeing you guys trackside at Lakeside.

Cheers

Gus Chapel
MOTORSPORT DIRECTOR
anguschapel@yahoo.com
"

Here's an excerpt from the webpage above;
" WEEKDAY AT THE TRACK - LAKESIDE
Friday - July 17th. 8.30 am to 4.30pm

Where: Lakeside Raceway, Lakeside Road, Kurwongbah.

Cost: $210 per person, ($190 for BMW Club Qld and BMW Club GC Members)
( AASA licence available on the day at extra cost).

Lunch: Included

Instruction. There will be instructors on hand should you wish to utilise their services for track orientation, or simply get them to provide tips to get the most out of your car, yourself and the fantastic Lakeside circuit.

Format: We need a minimum of 25 people to make this day a success but can take a maximum of 35. With the exception of approved instruction, there will be no passenger rides.

Indemnity Forms. Please download the indemnity form, and have it completed with you on the Friday morning. This will save time, and allow you to get on the track earlier.
BMW Club Indemnity Form
There will be a Queensland Raceways Indemnity form to be completed on the day

REQUIREMENTS
Current civilian drivers license and/or AASA competition license (to be presented during sign on), (Drivers who are not old enough to have a departmental drivers license, but hold a AASA license, and have relevant track experience can participate).
Vehicle noise level must be under 92dB at 5000 rpm from a distance of 8m behind the vehicle.
Vehicle which is mechanically safe and of a road worthy condition.
New or near new brake fluid, Min DOT 4.
Brake pads that are performance orientated.
Suitable seats and restraints.
Safety wear: Full length clothing, Helmet. (no open, high heel shoes)
Completed signed indemnity forms (as above)

SAFETY
No alcohol is permitted.
No children under 16 permitted in Pit Lane
No animals are permitted at the circuit

PROGRAM
9.00am: Gates open. Sign on and Registration
10.00 am: Private Practice
12.00 pm: Lunch (Provided)
1.00 pm: Private Practice
4.30 pm: End of Activities "
      07-02-2009, 03:03 AM   #27
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
How do you go about getting the AASA license? And also, what is this requirement of having performace orientated brake pads... Do standard on the 135i count?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #28
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
How do you go about getting the AASA license? And also, what is this requirement of having performace orientated brake pads... Do standard on the 135i count?
You can get it on the day. Standard 135 brakes will be fine! I'll be there with my standard pads!
      07-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #29
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Uploaded Dyno Graph

Managed to get to the dyno today.

Peak wKw = 222.4kw

Also, on a side note. I tested the dynolicious software only once before getting pulled over by the cops as you can read earlier on in the thread. Having got the dyno done today I am truly amazed by this piece of software for the iphone.

The software calculated that I had 224.4 wkw (264 X 15% drivetrain loss). The dyno was 222.4kw. Only 2 kw out , unbelievable!!!

Name:  162715.JPG
Views: 287
Size:  83.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 03:32 AM   #30
qship
Disillusioned bourgeois capitalist pig!
Australia
Rep
Drives: Blue

Very noice

3rd gear?
      07-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #31
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Thanks for uploading the dyno x5mad. Another member Orlin got the same tune by DMS and only managed 210kw so you got an extra 12kw. Very impressive!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #32
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Thanks for uploading the dyno x5mad. Another member Orlin got the same tune by DMS and only managed 210kw so you got an extra 12kw. Very impressive!
All depends on the Dyno type and operator.

When our cars where bone stock, Kris/Spdrcr/and myself dynoed our cars on the same day one after the other and the results where almost identical give or take 2kws..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #33
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
All depends on the Dyno type and operator.

When our cars where bone stock, Kris/Spdrcr/and myself dynoed our cars on the same day one after the other and the results where almost identical give or take 2kws..
True that. Orlin got his DMS tune at the same place with the same dyno a couple months ago though.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #34
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

called the syd shop up and its $2400 for the tune, i want 15% discount!!!!!!!!!!
      07-04-2009, 04:48 AM   #35
James_HP
Rep
Drives: A 12sec Golf

In fact Orlin's 135 was upgraded in Brisbane but the dyno was not run at the same dyno as X5 mad's like you are saying. Like you say many variables between each dyno and operator.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #36
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_HP View Post
In fact Orlin's 135 was upgraded in Brisbane but the dyno was not run at the same dyno as X5 mad's like you are saying. Like you say many variables between each dyno and operator.
oh sorry i thought the dyno was done by you guys, my bad
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #37
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

I guess you have to read the BMW car magazine UK written about the DMS tune.
      09-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #38
James_HP
Rep
Drives: A 12sec Golf

Morning Guys,

Just a quick note to let you know that we will have our DMS upgrade equipment at our WA Dealer Quattro Motors for the next week.

If any of you are interested in a DMS upgrade, please contact Brian at Quattro Motors.
They are based in Victoria Park. 08 9361 7111 or please visit www.dmsautomotive.com.au for more information.
Appreciate 0