BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Would you still own it?
Yes, I love this car regarless of power. 17 12.41%
No, I need something powerfull. 120 87.59%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

01-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #45
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

not all polls are made perfect or for every one and their descriminating tastes. you're the first real person with a problem with the poll so what does that say about you?

It's just a random poll on a random internet page, it's not going to have a positive or negative effect on your life.

For all it matters this poll could be aimed at the 130 or 125 people as well.

it's just a simple question looking for a simple answer, why are you reading the "fine print" that was never printed?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 08:13 PM   #46
ennislaw
NCO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BSM 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
and yet you are the only one that has a problem with this poll..why bring negativity into a non negative thread?
Yeah, and apparently the only one who actually asked about the question in the poll. But in fact, my comments were meant to be constructive, not negative.

pge
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #47
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennislaw View Post
Yeah, and apparently the only one who actually asked about the question in the poll. But in fact, my comments were meant to be constructive, not negative.

pge
Where did you ask about anything?

I understand it can be hard to sense someones attitude from text, but your comment came off very negative. Especially how you called it worthless multiple times, that doesn't come off as very constructive.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #48
ennislaw
NCO
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
not all polls are made perfect or for every one and their descriminating tastes. you're the first real person with a problem with the poll so what does that say about you?... it's just a simple question looking for a simple answer, why are you reading the "fine print" that was never printed?
Maybe I read the fine print. It certainly is wide-open, nothing wrong with that, probably doesn't need to even be a poll, just a thread, and you're right not all polls are perfect, but that doesn't mean it's horrible for them to be more accurate either.

And yes it could include more BMW 1-er models although it was in the 135i forum (or none at all which is more likely), that was the point of my question about the poll.

pge
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 08:46 PM   #49
ennislaw
NCO
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Where did you ask about anything?
I understand it can be hard to sense someones attitude from text, but your comment came off very negative. Especially how you called it worthless multiple times, that doesn't come off as very constructive.
Sorry, perhaps "worthless" was a bit harsh and that was used only once, not multiple times. But the question was what you were trying to elicit from the poll. If it was just to start a thread, well, that seemed to have worked well, but I was seriously wondering what particularly you were interested in -- HPFP problems, buyers' choice of a 135i over a 128i, or the 135i comparatively say to other models, e.g., MX-5, really it's not clear. And if your intention was just to get folks posting period, that's fine, but the poll question and its parameters seem non-definitive, just wide-open so to speak, which was the point of my question.

pge
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #50
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennislaw View Post
Sorry, perhaps "worthless" was a bit harsh and that was used only once, not multiple times. But the question was what you were trying to elicit from the poll. If it was just to start a thread, well, that seemed to have worked well, but I was seriously wondering what particularly you were interested in -- HPFP problems, buyers' choice of a 135i over a 128i, or the 135i comparatively say to other models, e.g., MX-5, really it's not clear. And if your intention was just to get folks posting period, that's fine, but the poll question and its parameters seem non-definitive, just wide-open so to speak, which was the point of my question.

pge
Sorry I counted you asking what the point of this thread was as worthless.

Well I didn't realize you were asking a question, which is why I responded the way I did. I guess I didn't make it clear in my OP but the real meaning behind this thread was the love for the engine behind this beautiful car, and more than that it was meant to be a wide-open topic, I just figured id start a conversation.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #51
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4, X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

Quote:
Sorry I counted you asking what the point of this thread was as worthless.

Well I didn't realize you were asking a question, which is why I responded the way I did. I guess I didn't make it clear in my OP but the real meaning behind this thread was the love for the engine behind this beautiful car, and more than that it was meant to be a wide-open topic, I just figured id start a conversation.
no open banter allowed here on the internet. This is a simple yes or no. We are talking about a 'german' car here...yes or no
      01-06-2011, 09:39 PM   #52
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roo97ss View Post
no open banter allowed here on the internet. This is a simple yes or no. We are talking about a 'german' car here...yes or no
Hey now, I invented the internet.. I get to say what is and what is not allowed
Appreciate 0