BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #23
otterdoc
Mean Little Otter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
anyone have any recommendations on what to tell the SA? somehow I don't think they'll take me seriously if i just say it feels like it's letting off the brakes.
Just describe what you're feeling, and be specific about how it feels like the car is jerking into gear after you let off the brake, but have NOT yet pressed the accelerator. Happens when the car is below operating temp, at stoplights, etc. The rest of this thread should give you some ideas about what people said to describe the feeling.

With my SA, I just tell him what I'm experiencing. If I've got any ideas from the forums, I try to frame it so that I'm just asking about possibilities instead of telling him how to do his job. Stay polite, ask questions about software upgrades, etc.

According to the mechanic that works on my car most of the time, the 5ers had a similar issue and were also given a software update to fix the problem.