BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #309
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Since we were mentioned in this thread - we are VMR's only stocking retailer for VMR in BMW fitments, and do stock wheels in house as well as VMR's warehouse. We do not purchase or sell blemished wheels, nor powdercoat wheels that are considered blemished. I have personally visited their factory and have seen first hand of how VMR's wheels were manufactured and attention to quality.

Libel is a serious issue, I would suggest you checking facts before posting on an open forum and instead focus that attention to your company's own issues with your customers.
Thanks for poppin in here man, **********s needs a wake up sometimes.

And btw, when I said Eas manufactures wheels, that was the wrong word to use, I meant distribute, simple mistake dun look too far into it.

Point is, they have wonderful rep, excellent service, smart people doing their work, fast and well handled shipping and as far as I can tell, 100% customer satisfaction, specially with their wheels and powdercoating jobs ($250 not $400)

Eas-pyspeed = booya
MB =
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #310
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
Penalties? You want to punish him? Sounds like you've punished him and me and everyone else in this thread enough. Unbelievable! What penalties is **********s paying for not delivering ANYONES wheels even remotely close to on time?

According to everyone except **********s, you can cancel your order with forgestar as long as production hasn't started. Kevin very clearly states production didn't start yet when he offered his refund. Your contract makes the taliban look friendly. It is designed to protect you from legal recourse while you screw your customers.
Again, who are you and what was your order number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
At this point, I think anyone who buys anything else from these guys only has themselves to blame. It's pretty obvious what kind of business they're running, and how they deal with issues.

People in this group buy got screwed, but from this point on, I'm not going to have much sympathy for people who are dealing with them.

Only two people haven't received their wheels yet, 1buster is the only person who is continuing to chime in daily. I check everyday to see if his wheels are ready to ship. That will probably be the happiest day of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Since we were mentioned in this thread - we are VMR's only stocking retailer for VMR in BMW fitments, and do stock wheels in house as well as VMR's warehouse. We do not purchase or sell blemished wheels, nor powdercoat wheels that are considered blemished. I have personally visited their factory and have seen first hand of how VMR's wheels were manufactured and attention to quality.

Libel is a serious issue, I would suggest you checking facts before posting on an open forum and instead focus that attention to your company's own issues with your customers.
Thanks for chiming in Tom. never accused you or your company of anything here. Just stating facts that I've heard about other vendors. I think it's great that you stock VMR wheels. I remember 5 years ago after Mike************ was the first to introduce and market the VMR wheels, we were stocking VMR wheels in BMW fitments as well. But its irrelevant to the thread, again thanks for jumping in!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 12:11 PM   #311
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: C30

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s View Post
Only two people haven't received their wheels yet, 1buster is the only person who is continuing to chime in daily. I check everyday to see if his wheels are ready to ship. That will probably be the happiest day of my life.

You seem to think that will be the end of it? That is the day I'm waiting for as well. That is the day all the legal stuff gets started.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus02.shtm
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 04:15 PM   #312
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buster View Post
You seem to think that will be the end of it? That is the day I'm waiting for as well. That is the day all the legal stuff gets started.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus02.shtm
Whats that all about? And why?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #313
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Whats that all about? And why?
to overly simplify.... they stated they would be able to ship within a specified timeframe.

They were not able to meet the timeframe they specified, and did not issue a full refund.

Why You Should Comply with the Rule
Merchants who violate the Rule can be sued by the FTC for injunctive relief, monetary civil penalties of up to $16,000 per violation (any time during the five years preceding the filing of the complaint), and consumer redress (any time during the three years preceding the filing of the complaint). When the mails are involved, the Postal Service also has authority to take action for problems such as non-delivery. State law enforcement agencies can take action for violating state consumer protection laws.

Apart from this, your failure to ship on time, or your failure to notify your customers promptly about delays and to obtain their consent to the delays, or your failure to make full and prompt refunds when your customers do not consent to delayed shipment, can adversely affect your business by discouraging repeat purchases. Accordingly, most businesses regard compliance with the Rule as simply good business practice.

Now this just means fines etc, not sure if this rule alone would be lawsuit worthy....but there are other channels available that could open up the lawsuit world. Depending on the locations of the parties...mod bargains would also be forced to make the trek to the purchaser's home city.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #314
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks to this forum, I have legal representation in CA and NC (thanks for the NC offer but, I already had that covered). I believe at least 90% of this countries lawyers drive BMW's

I've been deliberating this for some time. Legal action. I am a mild mannered person who believes in the value of someones word and a handshake. If you look at my past posts, you will see I was even willing to give Kevin the benefit of the doubt that his hands were tied by **********s. His posts and attitude have made it obvious that he is in fact every bit as venemous as the company he works for. He tries to twist blame unto his customers and even believes I should continue to be penalized for his failures as a business person and likely as a human being. We are now past 20 weeks, approaching half a year and no word yet of a ship date. That and Kevins lies and beligerence are quickly making my mind up for me. In April a LIE was told that brought me to this forum. A promise of a refund that was NOT delivered. Last word was friday and my wheels still were not cut. I will have that refund. Voluntarily or forced by the courts of NC, CA, and Federal court.

Credit my card the FULL amount, call me when you have the wheels if they can no longer be cancelled, and we will see if something mutually beneficial can be worked out. Principle guides me now, not wheels or money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
When the mails are involved, the Postal Service also has authority to take action for problems ...
Funny story, about ten years ago I was doing a motorcycle track day. The guy pitted across from me had gone down and needed a clutch lever to continue his day. I actually had a couple of spares so I gave him one. We got to talking and I never would have guessed a postal inspector would be racing a Ducati. We still meet up at track days a few times a year but, he is now a post master. We tease him about being a mailman but, at least he is a damn fast one!

Freakazoid, you are right about local laws and traveling. That will come in due time. I posted the one link because it is the only one written in plain easy to understand english. It says without any doubt a refund was required by **********s. Read it carefully (as it was read to me) and it gets really interesting.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 12:34 PM   #315
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buster View Post
Thanks to this forum, I have legal representation in CA and NC (thanks for the NC offer but, I already had that covered). I believe at least 90% of this countries lawyers drive BMW's

I've been deliberating this for some time. Legal action. I am a mild mannered person who believes in the value of someones word and a handshake. If you look at my past posts, you will see I was even willing to give Kevin the benefit of the doubt that his hands were tied by **********s. His posts and attitude have made it obvious that he is in fact every bit as venemous as the company he works for. He tries to twist blame unto his customers and even believes I should continue to be penalized for his failures as a business person and likely as a human being. We are now past 20 weeks, approaching half a year and no word yet of a ship date. That and Kevins lies and beligerence are quickly making my mind up for me. In April a LIE was told that brought me to this forum. A promise of a refund that was NOT delivered. Last word was friday and my wheels still were not cut. I will have that refund. Voluntarily or forced by the courts of NC, CA, and Federal court.

Credit my card the FULL amount, call me when you have the wheels if they can no longer be cancelled, and we will see if something mutually beneficial can be worked out. Principle guides me now, not wheels or money.

Funny story, about ten years ago I was doing a motorcycle track day. The guy pitted across from me had gone down and needed a clutch lever to continue his day. I actually had a couple of spares so I gave him one. We got to talking and I never would have guessed a postal inspector would be racing a Ducati. We still meet up at track days a few times a year but, he is now a post master. We tease him about being a mailman but, at least he is a damn fast one!

Freakazoid, you are right about local laws and traveling. That will come in due time. I posted the one link because it is the only one written in plain easy to understand english. It says without any doubt a refund was required by **********s. Read it carefully (as it was read to me) and it gets really interesting.

Yep that's a very interesting little write-up there... I enjoyed reading it and I'll have to log that somewhere.

Best of luck with this, I completely agree on where you're coming from....but every now and then you have to 'stick up'...if not only for yourself then for others.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 09:28 PM   #316
Guessed
Rep
Drives: Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s View Post
Again, who are you and what was your order number?
My integrity, My opinion of your company, Nor my silence are for sale. I find these continued offers for "specialized customer service" insulting. All of your customers should be treated well from begining 'til end. Not offered a deal to go away quietly after complaining.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2010, 11:01 PM   #317
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
My integrity, My opinion of your company, Nor my silence are for sale. I find these continued offers for "specialized customer service" insulting. All of your customers should be treated well from begining 'til end. Not offered a deal to go away quietly after complaining.
In all honesty however, it looks like the MB dood is just trying to figure out wtf you are. Its perfectly fine to bitch about their service and products, etc. if you're actually a customer or directly related so I guess he's just looking for proof of your relation to his business.

Although at the same time, Ive joined in several times in bashing MB in this situation and im not a customer of theirs, i just hate seeing stupid shit done with true customers thru a supposed real business soooo maybe Im not one to talk
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #318
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

1buster,

I was just informed by my shipping department that your wheels will be shipping out today. You should receive tracking numbers from our customer service department shortly.

Kevin************.com
************** ext 8009
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #319
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Welcome to July.

Still don't have a completed order.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #320
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
Seems to me that the Admins don't always have the members best interests in mind when it comes to this kind of stuff.
I agree