BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
mhx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goat

AC outside/inside Air and auto setting?

Is there anyway to force it to stay on recirculate inside air every time you start your car?

Also when you turn defog on you cant recirculate air.

Any magic holding button sequence to fix this?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhx View Post
Is there anyway to force it to stay on recirculate inside air every time you start your car?

Also when you turn defog on you cant recirculate air.

Any magic holding button sequence to fix this?
Don't want to thread jack, because these also interest me. I would also be hoping to find out if there's any way to make it STOP maxing out the air speed whenever you turn on the defog. So annoying! I checked the manual but couldn't find it. Am I retarded?

Anyway here's a free bump

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Bcav
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Don't want to thread jack, because these also interest me. I would also be hoping to find out if there's any way to make it STOP maxing out the air speed whenever you turn on the defog. So annoying! I checked the manual but couldn't find it. Am I retarded?

Anyway here's a free bump
Theres no way to do that. Ive tried to find a way a few times, and asked my SR, and he didnt think so either. (maybe he was just lazy)

as for the other questions, i also believe that there isnt a way to get it to do that either.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
mhx
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goat

With the fancy computers in this car...<sigh>

Last edited by mhx; 01-14-2010 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
I guess you're aware that you can also defog by taking it out of AUTO mode by directing the air to the windshield, turning on the A/C, and setting the fan speed where you want it. Of course, that's a lot of button pushes when you can't see anything out of a fogged up windshield!

Re the original question, if you turn off the ignition with the recirc on, doesn't it come on when you restart? If not, then I think you'll have to do it manually each time.

It's a shame that BMW's excellent "Non Auto" climate control isn't available in the US.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
Xyloft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
I guess you're aware that you can also defog by taking it out of AUTO mode by directing the air to the windshield, turning on the A/C, and setting the fan speed where you want it. Of course, that's a lot of button pushes when you can't see anything out of a fogged up windshield!

Re the original question, if you turn off the ignition with the recirc on, doesn't it come on when you restart? If not, then I think you'll have to do it manually each time.

It's a shame that BMW's excellent "Non Auto" climate control isn't available in the US.

Tom
I can't answer the original poster, but I only started using the auto feature on the climate control at about 25,000 miles. shouldnt be too hard to turn the recirculate on though....there is a steering wheel control for that (which i've really wondered about since i got hte car?)
Appreciate 0