Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 f80 Comp, MPE, stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Evolve? Hmmm... no comment!

This thread says it all http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ferrerid=31482

Seems there will be gains by adding DP's on a 1M, but not significant gains as on a standard N54
Whats wrong with the Evolve downpipes then?
Mine fit and work perfectly and i couldnt fault them in any way?
Has anyone else had a problem?
      07-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dragon View Post
That is why you run the stock mid section. Cats there to clean the smell and kill any drone sounds.
General consensus is drone emanates from the mids. Secondary cats are not going to do much to reduce smell and emissions.... They were even done away with on the N55
DP's are a fantastic mod that can mean 30whp on a tuned car, if exhaust smell is the concern, leaving catted mids and using decatted dp's is a decent solution and they will reduce smell and some emissions but obviously not to the level two sets do, the power gain will be greater than new mids stock dp's and it will reduce lag. These are pretty well fact, go to n54tech.com where this stuff is common and dyno tested all day.
I'm curious what bad experience you've had with evolve, I don't know a ton about them but have their cat back and seems good quality(made by super sprint)?

Just give dp's some reading and a try maybe, I will as soon as I approach my warranty, they are just waiting for a shop Forman to see and flag your car, same with intercooler, most other mods can be undone very quickly or easily hidden if a claim needed to be made.
      07-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #25
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Without question CATLESS DPs are a much, much, greater power boost than catless midpipes. The midpipes, and I'm talking high end ones not just N55, don't compare to the addition of a highend 3" catless set of downpipes. I could sorta kinda tell the difference with the catless midpipes. The catless DPs were dayum that did something!

Drive a car back to back with catless DPs compared to stock and I guarantee you will be surprised. They add real power and throttle response.

Last edited by robertm; 07-03-2013 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 0