BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-08-2017, 10:28 PM   #1
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Hey everyone, now that I have catless downpipes sitting in my room waiting to be installed I've began to wonder about the factory 10yr/100k warranty on the hpfp and the other factory warranties on the turbos and injectors. Will BMW refuse to replace my hpfp/turbos/injectors if they fail if the car is modded? Have any of you had any experience with this? My 2010 N54 has a bit over 35k miles and I'm not sure if it has the updated injectors or hpfp. I don't want to go FBO if it means they'll void the factory warranties because those repairs can be pretty damn expensive out of pocket. I guess I could always reinstall my oem parts before taking it in if I do run into issues but that does seem like a hassle. I wish they would just give us the updated parts without us having to wait for them to fail haha
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 05:04 AM   #2
Robbie135
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 SSII

From my experience it really depends on the dealership. From talking to the BMW techs at some of the dealerships, certain people have said they will just do the work as most of the mods don't even directly influence the failure of these parts. But on the flip side, some techs won't do the work on a modded car. So I guess you will just have to do some research in whatever dealership you decide to get warranty work done by and see if they're a mod friendly dealer
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
omgshinoda
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 135i, '13 M3

Personally, i had my turbos warrantied under their 82k/10yr and injectors under cpo while i was fbo, i just took off my tune.

the dealership i took the car to didn't ask about aftermarket parts.
and i did not buy the car from them nor really had previous relationship with them.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2017, 08:12 AM   #4
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie135 View Post
From my experience it really depends on the dealership. From talking to the BMW techs at some of the dealerships, certain people have said they will just do the work as most of the mods don't even directly influence the failure of these parts. But on the flip side, some techs won't do the work on a modded car. So I guess you will just have to do some research in whatever dealership you decide to get warranty work done by and see if they're a mod friendly dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgshinoda View Post
Personally, i had my turbos warrantied under their 82k/10yr and injectors under cpo while i was fbo, i just took off my tune.

the dealership i took the car to didn't ask about aftermarket parts.
and i did not buy the car from them nor really had previous relationship with them.
Both of these are about as good advice as you'll get on this. It's going to depend heavily on the dealership, and even your specific service adviser and tech. If you have a tune, though, that's very likely to void the warranty.
      11-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #5
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Thanks for the info guys, I'll just pray for the best and hope they don't give me shit for the bolt ons. I'll remove the tune if I need to
Appreciate 0