BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Yesterday, 11:07 AM   #45
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
156
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
Looks awesome!

What size ARC8's are you running for your square setup with the 245 R888s?
Camber specs?
Thanks man!

18x8.5 et45 square

-2.5 front
-2.0 rear
245 or 255?
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:02 PM   #46
Dr1
Private
Dr1's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 10 135i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manchester, NH

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
Looks awesome!

What size ARC8's are you running for your square setup with the 245 R888s?
Camber specs?
Thanks man!

18x8.5 et45 square

-2.5 front
-2.0 rear
245 or 255?
245 Toyo R888R
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #47
berns
Private First Class
30
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: '07 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Venice, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1 View Post
245 Toyo R888R
some close ups would be cool! Spacers in the front or rear?

I'm about to try something that I already know is going to be a huge pain.
18x9 +42 square with Nexen Nfera SUR4G (they run very wide) 255/35/18.
__________________
'07 E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:30 PM   #48
Dr1
Private
Dr1's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
70
Posts

Drives: 10 135i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Manchester, NH

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr1 View Post
245 Toyo R888R
some close ups would be cool! Spacers in the front or rear?

I'm about to try something that I already know is going to be a huge pain.
18x9 +42 square with Nexen Nfera SUR4G (they run very wide) 255/35/18.
18x8.5 +45 no spacers

Rears rub under compression on metal fender

Fronts rub slightly against plastic fender with high steering input

My ride height is lowered on coilovers so that is certainly affecting my clearance.

According to tire rack you will have a 0.7" overall diameter advantage with the 35 sidewall vs my 40 sidewall. Your tread width is 0.7" wider than I'm running so very curious to see how you make out.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #49
bbnks2
Lieutenant
171
Rep
484
Posts

Drives: 135i N55
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
some close ups would be cool! Spacers in the front or rear?

I'm about to try something that I already know is going to be a huge pain.
18x9 +42 square with Nexen Nfera SUR4G (they run very wide) 255/35/18.
ET42 will not work up front. You will need a 7mm spacer for an effective ET of 35. Be prepared to be able to dial in 2-3* of camber up front. You will also need to roll your rear fenders to avoid needing to run really high rear camber. ET 42 is too low out back (pokes out too much). You really need something like an ET50 wheel and run them with 15mm spacers up front. That would be ideal fitment for a square 9" wheel and 255 tire setup without modifying fenders. 17x9 ET45 rubbed a bit in the rear for me until I took a hammer to the inside lip of the fenders.
__________________
135i: E30 map by TwistedTuning, VRSF DP, Kerscher +15mm fenders, Kosei K8R 255/40/17, M3 control arms, UUC trans mounts, DV+, Whiteline RSFB, 5" intercooler, Charge Pipe, Deka ETX30L, UUC SSK, YCW Coilovers 6k/16k, Monroe shock mounts, Diff lockdown, Catch Can, N20 TMAP, 335is clutch, SMFW, 034 engine mounts, M3 Steering rack

Last edited by bbnks2; Yesterday at 03:38 PM.
Appreciate 1
Dr120

      Today, 01:14 AM   #50
berns
Private First Class
30
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: '07 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Venice, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
ET42 will not work up front. You will need a 7mm spacer for an effective ET of 35. Be prepared to be able to dial in 2-3* of camber up front. You will also need to roll your rear fenders to avoid needing to run really high rear camber. ET 42 is too low out back (pokes out too much). You really need something like an ET50 wheel and run them with 15mm spacers up front. That would be ideal fitment for a square 9" wheel and 255 tire setup without modifying fenders. 17x9 ET45 rubbed a bit in the rear for me until I took a hammer to the inside lip of the fenders.
Already dialed in -3.3* up front. Already cut the rear fender lip. -2.5* out back currently. I'll run a 7 or 8mm up front.

We'll see how it goes!
__________________
'07 E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      Today, 01:36 AM   #51
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
156
Rep
1,998
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by berns View Post
some close ups would be cool! Spacers in the front or rear?

I'm about to try something that I already know is going to be a huge pain.
18x9 +42 square with Nexen Nfera SUR4G (they run very wide) 255/35/18.
ET42 will not work up front. You will need a 7mm spacer for an effective ET of 35. Be prepared to be able to dial in 2-3* of camber up front. You will also need to roll your rear fenders to avoid needing to run really high rear camber. ET 42 is too low out back (pokes out too much). You really need something like an ET50 wheel and run them with 15mm spacers up front. That would be ideal fitment for a square 9" wheel and 255 tire setup without modifying fenders. 17x9 ET45 rubbed a bit in the rear for me until I took a hammer to the inside lip of the fenders.
Also, this will vary widely by the diameter of your front shocks which is super tough to know without trial and error.

I ran 255 up front but it was real tight, moved to some real wide 245s R-comps up front and 255 in rear.
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST