BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
Sarge135
Semper FI!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Rant about Fields BMW South Orlando, FL

Well Ill start off by saying that I love my 135, and I think Ill be enjoying it for a long time to come. Hopefully.

I searched the internet for an available 135 in either Space Gray, or White for a long tme. I wanted to take advantage of the rates for the 09 certified cars that BMW was offering. I finally saw a couple I liked, but one had the shadowline that I love. (I hate chrome).

I took the 2 hour trek to Orlando, and got there a little past sundown. The dealer seemed shady right from the start. They started to deny the internet price of the car saying that they had to invest some more money since the posting for the certification.

I drove the car, and it drove tight, and strong. I took a quick look around the body, and noticed the headlights had stress cracks from someone using Laminex on the headlights. (This covering while protecting the outer lens does not let the plastic expand and contract with the heat. That causes small cracks that are invisible when the lights are off, but very pronounced when they are on.)

Anyway I advised them about the lights, and they insisted that they will clear up if I get them buffed, LOL. I told them its a sticking point because headlights are one of my pet peeves when it comes to cars. They promiced and said they would "handle" it if they wouldn't clear.

I noticed a ticking sound coming from the engine, and the salesman said it was normal on the 1, and it shouldn't be an issue.

With some back and fourth between them and I, I got the car for a price I was comfortable with, and took the car home.......... And that's when it all started to show its ass.

I woke up in the morning (it was raining) and my third brake light was on the floor in pieces, and water had gotten in the trunk. I called Coggin BMW here locally and they took the car in because of the recall. Once there they noticed that the brakes had about 10-15% life left in them. They replaced those without charge.

I finally took the car to a professional for the headlights to get cleared, and just as I thought, he said the damage was inside. I called Fields BMW and they gave me the runaround. When the survey came in, I gave them bad scores so they called me back a few days later. The salesman was very rude, and cursed me out because he said this would cost him. I told him to go fuck himself, and called BMW USA. They are handling the situation, and Im still waiting on an answer.

Last week the ticks got worse, and I did some reading about some waste gate issues. So I called Coggin again, and now my car is getting both turbos replaced.

My point to all this is, the Orlando dealer said they invested over $4300 in the car to be able to certify it. But alot of the issues that have come up are part of the checklist. I would stay far away from Fields BMW. My local dealer here is very mod friendly, and has stood up to the plate to take care of the issues.

/rant. I feel better now.

2009 SGM 135i M-Sport
Ark l Blackline l iCarbon l AFE l Hawk l VMR l ST Coilover l Parrot Asteroid l JL Audio l Janus-Design l Reiger l BMW Performance l COBB l Evolution Raceworks l TIAL l VRSF
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #2
Maeiourk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Sorry to hear about the situation that has happened to you.

I would recommend South BMW Motors in South Florida. They're friendly and easy to deal with. They replaced my 328i (Was considered a lemon car) with no problem. Ask for Javier whenever you go there. He's the salesman I dealt with, when they replaced my car with 135i.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Sarge135
Semper FI!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Thanks for the info. Looks like Coggin Fort Pierce is turning out to be a great dealership to deal with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeiourk View Post
Sorry to hear about the situation that has happened to you.

I would recommend South BMW Motors in South Florida. They're friendly and easy to deal with. They replaced my 328i (Was considered a lemon car) with no problem. Ask for Javier whenever you go there. He's the salesman I dealt with, when they replaced my car with 135i.

2009 SGM 135i M-Sport
Ark l Blackline l iCarbon l AFE l Hawk l VMR l ST Coilover l Parrot Asteroid l JL Audio l Janus-Design l Reiger l BMW Performance l COBB l Evolution Raceworks l TIAL l VRSF
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

Fields BMW in central Florida = Monopoly. There is not another BMW dealer from Lakeland to Daytona Beach. That is over 110 miles. If you live in Orlando you can go to Tampa there is one Dealer there. BUt i have not used them yet. I fought with them over $1000 when i bought my E89 Z4 so i walked away from the deal twice. Finally after a month they called me asying they were willing to sell it to me for my price. I mean really $1000.00 is not a lot for them when the vehicle sat on the lot for over 90 days. which is huge for a dealer. I dont mind buying from them but you need to know your stuff before you go. I would seriously recommend driving 5 or 10 vehicles of the same type befor ebuying a CPO or used from them. that way you know how the motor should sound, act and perform. I am not saying they are bad or that i have had a bad experience. I am just saying that i am very careful due to the horror stories i have heard.
Appreciate 0