BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #1
DUR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: A/W 135i M pack

AC Schnitzer suspension for 135i

Hi all:

It seems that BMw Spain has removed the Performance suspension from the "Performance parts" catalogue.. Don't actually understand why, but those are the facts.

I was going to upgrade my 135i to such suspension kit, but now it`s impossible.

At my dealer they recommend I install the AC Schnitzer suspension (installed by the dealer so I keep my BMW garantee), but I hav'nt seen any comments on that suspension.

¿Does anyone have feedback?

¿How about other aftermarket alternatives?

I don't do any track, just open road. But I want more grip on my 135i, which is why the Performance kit was just what I needed...

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #2
Add1ct
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

a member on here has a full ACS car and it was liek 5-6k euro I think, but he loves it- hes got the suspension, exhaust, tune and other bits too
      06-16-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
JiveTurkey
JiveTurkey
Turkmenistan
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I SGM

If you are still interested in the BMW PS, I can give you a telephone number to a BMW dealer here in Germany and maybe they could ship it to you and then have your dealer install it. I dont know how much it will cost but just to give you a est. it was 1400 euro with PS with install.
Every model the Bavarian brand produces is an engineering masterwork, manna for driving enthusiast, an internal-combustion mallet for pummeling comparison-test rivals into humiliated awe - Arthur St. Antoine
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

The ACS kit is a nice setup but IMO for the price, you can get a better setup by going with an H&R Cup Kit. These offer similar if not better performance, are well regarded and 1/4 of the price. ACS makes a great kit for these cars but a lot of the price has to do with the ACS designation.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
DUR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
If you are still interested in the BMW PS, I can give you a telephone number to a BMW dealer here in Germany and maybe they could ship it to you and then have your dealer install it. I dont know how much it will cost but just to give you a est. it was 1400 euro with PS with install.
thanks, but the problem is that it's not authorized here in Spain, so I guess I would have problems with the local MOT...

The Performance kit was priced at 2000 euros "key in hand". The ACS kit is 1600 euros... It's a lot of money, but I'm starting to hate the stock configuration...

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
JiveTurkey
JiveTurkey
Turkmenistan
Rep
Drives: BMW 135I SGM

Well damn. Something isnt right here because on the BMW Spain website the PS is still there, is there another BMW dealer around to ask or have you already asked? Maybe the dealer is pushing the AC Schnitzer products. It doesnt make sense how would a bmw product would not be acceptable, made by bmw, but a aftermarket part would be.

BMW Performance

Tren de rodaje

Tren de rodaje BMW Performance

Los amortiguadores rígidos, los tubos telescópicos y los estabilizadores se han diseñado para un tipo de conducción especialmente deportiva. Durante exigentes ensayos, estos componentes se han adaptado entre sí siguiendo los criterios de aptitud para las carreras de competición. El resultado es una agilidad que le cautivará cada vez, tanto en rectas largas como en las curvas más cerradas.
Precioa partir de 1.340,79 € http://accessories.bmw.com/internet_bmw/ES/es/img/1x1_999999.gif[/IMG]
Disponible para: Serie 1 (3 puertas), Serie 1 (5 puertas), Serie 1 Coupé

Every model the Bavarian brand produces is an engineering masterwork, manna for driving enthusiast, an internal-combustion mallet for pummeling comparison-test rivals into humiliated awe - Arthur St. Antoine
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 04:22 AM   #7
DUR
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiveTurkey View Post
Well damn. Something isnt right here because on the BMW Spain website the PS is still there, is there another BMW dealer around to ask or have you already asked? Maybe the dealer is pushing the AC Schnitzer products. It doesnt make sense how would a bmw product would not be acceptable, made by bmw, but a aftermarket part would be.

BMW Performance

Tren de rodaje

Tren de rodaje BMW Performance

Los amortiguadores rígidos, los tubos telescópicos y los estabilizadores se han diseñado para un tipo de conducción especialmente deportiva. Durante exigentes ensayos, estos componentes se han adaptado entre sí siguiendo los criterios de aptitud para las carreras de competición. El resultado es una agilidad que le cautivará cada vez, tanto en rectas largas como en las curvas más cerradas.
Precioa partir de 1.340,79 € http://accessories.bmw.com/internet_bmw/ES/es/img/1x1_999999.gif[/IMG]
Disponible para: Serie 1 (3 puertas), Serie 1 (5 puertas), Serie 1 Coupé

I've asked at two different dealers and they both said the same thing!! The fact is that I don't understand why...

I'll see if I can check with another (third one...) dealer... I'll keep you posted!!

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

My guess is that BMW did not go through the trouble of having it approved for each country's regulations. I know in Germany, TUV approval is an expensive process so they may choose their markets and figured Spain was a smaller market that did not make sense to gain approval. Again, just speculation but a thought nonetheless.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
kc_skyrider
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i M-Sport

bilstein PSS10 coilovers. they've been approved all over the place. Check to see if they're good there.. if so they're not to expensive and rumored to be amazing. That's why I have them in the mail. PS I have a friend with the full AC Schitzer 1. I've put 6000 into my car and his kit was $10,000. after riding with me he refuses to meet me at a track
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #10
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep

PSS10s are a solid choice, they are height and dampening adjustable and give you a wide variety of options for settings. However, for coils, I would do the KW V2s. They offer more adjustment than the PSS10s and are smoother from my experience.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #11
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 N54

What makes the KW's so superior? I recently bought the cross coilovers, havnt installed it yet but from the reviews i read they are suppose to be amazing. I actually ordered kw3 and after reading horror stories about awful spring rates, spring bind, squeeking noises, broken end links, I changed my order befor eit shipped. So i ask again, why is ever vendor pushing KW coilovers when there are so many problems with them. IF you go on e90, every other suspension part for sale are used kws. Theres a reason for that if you ask me.
Appreciate 0