BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #23
vivek35
Rep
Drives: 135

nice ride
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #24
CommaD
iDrive therefore iAm
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xDrive28i Alpine White

nice setup, looks great. it gets me wanting the 313's.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:42 PM   #25
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Thank you for the kind comments, everyone. I think I will get the BMW Performance side skirts in the spring. Although, I did get a new daily driver, and it's hard to leave a stock car alone.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #26
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post
Thank you for the kind comments, everyone. I think I will get the BMW Performance side skirts in the spring. Although, I did get a new daily driver, and it's hard to leave a stock car alone.
lol, i know that frustration.... a stock vehicle is a blank slate....
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #27
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
I wonder if the splitters would look better in white to match the body?

I find when owners add black accessories all over a white car, it starts looking disjointed and confused until it becomes a checkerboard. Black wheel, black roofs, black spoilers, black mirror covers, etc. and pretty soon you have visual disaster. Good to keep the lines and surfaces coherent than fragmented willy nilly.
i agree to a limited extent. there's a limit to how far you take the black add ons.

I was thinking if i did a carbon fiber hood on a white car i would paint it, but leave a stripe of bare carbon, like on the tii prototype, but then i realized i'd be copying something that doesn't exist.

might be weird.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #28
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
I wonder if the splitters would look better in white to match the body?

I find when owners add black accessories all over a white car, it starts looking disjointed and confused until it becomes a checkerboard. Black wheel, black roofs, black spoilers, black mirror covers, etc. and pretty soon you have visual disaster. Good to keep the lines and surfaces coherent than fragmented willy nilly.
As with most things car related, what's "better" is completely subjective. From my perspective, the CF front splitters help balance having the CF diffuser and spoiler in the rear. I wouldn't go so far as to have a CF hood, trunk, roof, etc., but that's just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 06:38 AM   #29
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

I know what the problem with the splitters is: it's not the color, it's their size. They are way too big for the 1 series so they over exaggerate the bottom part of the front bumper. They should have been designed smaller to simply complement the front bumper, extend it slightly forward and give it more aerodynamic advantage.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #30
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
I know what the problem with the splitters is: it's not the color, it's their size. They are way too big for the 1 series so they over exaggerate the bottom part of the front bumper. They should have been designed smaller to simply complement the front bumper, extend it slightly forward and give it more aerodynamic advantage.
you should design one, then take it to icarbon, and have them custom make you one, and see if they like it enough to market it. I would probably be interested in one the size you're talking about, that's 90% the reason i didn't have one for my car...

i did order the carbon splitters from BMW, only to get them and find out the dealership didn't know they wouldn't go on my bumper...

but they were the perfect size if they had been designed for the regular 135 bumper. They were just an accent.
Appreciate 0