BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-13-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Feb vs march production...in Canada

So I went and seen my dealer yesterday, to talk to him about what packages, etc. I wanted for production in March.

However, when we got there he decided to let me know that he has an allocation for Feb. that I could have, with delivery in March.

However that raises certain issues for me...

1. It means solidifing my order without knowing the pricing.

2. The debate between sport package or no sport package...I had a sit in both the standard and sport seats, the sport seats were a bit nicer, but the standard ones weren't as bad as pictures make them look. Plus I like the standard wheels(256) better then the sport wheels(263), and I'm not sure what changes for the sport suspension over the regular suspension.

3. Color...I was set on Montego after seeing some pics, but they had a 328i in Montego on hte lot and it didn't look as nice...And crimson red is starting to look nicer and nicer to me...

Decisions, decisions...Got to go see him again Tomorrow evening with my choices...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #2
NOLEimit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

You're in Canada get Lemans blue instead of Montego!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #3
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I can't I'm getting a 128, the Le Mans is only on the 135 w/ M sport package.

But I have pretty much decided on the Montego over the Crimson

And I'll probably forgo the sport package. AS it stands I probably won't be looking to the track the car or anything while it's under warranty, so the standard seats will do fine for around town, and then down the road it leaves more room to justify tuning the suspension, finding some nice seats, etc...

I could special order just the sport seats, but then I have to pay $400 just to order it, plus the cost of the seats.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If the prices were out it would help all of us so much more in Canada.. we are guessing options and stuff.. good luck on ordering before knowing the price.. though I'd still buy the car even thou its priced higher but i just feel more comfortable knowing the price I am paying..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
If the prices were out it would help all of us so much more in Canada.. we are guessing options and stuff.. good luck on ordering before knowing the price.. though I'd still buy the car even thou its priced higher but i just feel more comfortable knowing the price I am paying..
I too would feel a lot more comfortable if I knew the pricing, but as it stands my deposit is refundable, so if they decide to be rediculous I can walk away.

Oh well, I'll place my order tonight, and then without fail, pricing will come out the day after I can't make any changes to it...:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #6
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

LOL ya its hard for me because the price determines some options I might opt for which sucks.. now if I can go for all the options damn my order will be in right now haha...
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 04:58 PM   #7
InOttawa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

You're in Edmonton... do you even want to take your car out in March?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 05:49 PM   #8
Khobin~
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InOttawa View Post
You're in Edmonton... do you even want to take your car out in March?
ohhhhh yeah, she's going be a DD in sun, rain, snow, whatever...I like to drive my cars, and it'll be nice to have rwd in winter again.:biggrin:
Appreciate 0