BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
pascrelg
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 135I

Question for Gill at Tirerack...and others

I am a very happy owner of a 135I Monaco Blue BMW that I picked up from the performance center in SC last July. So I have had the car for about a year and I only had my OEM Bridgestone Potenza Runflats on for about 5 months before Gill turned me onto a great set of winter tires. They are not runflats...and thats the problem! I love them! There is absolutely no comparison in handling between the stock runflats and the winter tires I have on my car now.

Since we had so much rain the entire month of June, I have kept the winter's on. But I cannot forever. Gill suggested a great summer tire (sumitomo HR III's I believe), but my problem is this. How can I get rid of the OEM tires which no one seems to want and that retail on tirerack for close to $1,200?

They had only 3-4000 miles on them when I garaged them.

Is there some place I could post them outside of this forum for at least $500 to cover the cost of my new summer tires at least?

or

Bite the bullet and use these tires for a couple more years? I only put about 10,000 miles a year on my car as it is...

Please help me make a logical decision here.

Thank you for your anticipated help.

G
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
I drove my car for about 2 1/2 months before I had to swap to winters. So I was in the same boat. I just sucked it up and mounted the runflats on my new rims and kept the winters on my stock wheels. There's no way I was gonna just ditch those exspensive rubbers no matter how underwhelming they are. I am shipping the car to Vegas next month and then maybe if they show enough wear before the winter I will roast them. But if they are really new I would say use them. Unless your made of money.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
pascrelg
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 135I

sage advice...I guess no one is going to pay me anywhere near there value...?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
e82vette
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

1. take it to local tire shop... see how much they can offer you
2. take pictures, put them on sale in this forum (might find someone local)
3. use them.. its RFT, its safe, and its expensive ones
Appreciate 0