BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-25-2015, 07:11 PM   #45
Grinchxvx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUN3D
Grinchxvx > Ah okay, was about to rip BMW to shreds -- LMAO!

While I was going thru the conversion, I experienced something similar. I had to drain the coolant twice. That damn needle/measurement-instrument...is a real PITA!

The first time -- I had the low-coolant symbol as well -- filled up, and it threw up all over place. The second time I drained it, I added an entire container of fluid but still ran low. I found that my fan wouldn't work properly either (for whatever reason), when the coolant level was low.

I waited till morning, when the car was completely cold and filled up slowly till the needle came up. Nothing after that. It's been perfect.
I think every time it spews it gets air in the system and just gets worse from there. We will see how it does once it starts warming up again, it's still around freezing and below here and it's really hard to get oil temps up when it's like that.
JB4 G5 + BMS race flash, BMS meth kit, VRSF DP, Big tom Ic, BMS chinese tester CP, Custom Muffler Delete, BMS Oil Cooler Valve, Cowl Filters, Clutch Stop, B&M Short Shifter, Spec Stg 2+ Clutch W/ Oem dmfw, Vmr V710, KW v2, M RSFB, 1M Front and rear Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, slek trunk, Lci blacklines.]
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 10:51 PM   #46
Venoml2k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Curious bump, wondering if you ever found out the cause of the leak? I am having an issue where the car will leak right from where the lower hose meets the expansion tank. The o ring seemed fine in there. Does anyone know how much pressure should the system be holding? Or what temp the car should be running? I'm getting what appears to be 210-220 f using the jb4 gauge hijack, don't know how accurate it is. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 10:54 PM   #47
Grinchxvx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venoml2k
Curious bump, wondering if you ever found out the cause of the leak? I am having an issue where the car will leak right from where the lower hose meets the expansion tank. The o ring seemed fine in there. Does anyone know how much pressure should the system be holding? Or what temp the car should be running? I'm getting what appears to be 210-220 f using the jb4 gauge hijack, don't know how accurate it is. Thanks!
I just re bleed the system a bunch and it's gone away
JB4 G5 + BMS race flash, BMS meth kit, VRSF DP, Big tom Ic, BMS chinese tester CP, Custom Muffler Delete, BMS Oil Cooler Valve, Cowl Filters, Clutch Stop, B&M Short Shifter, Spec Stg 2+ Clutch W/ Oem dmfw, Vmr V710, KW v2, M RSFB, 1M Front and rear Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, slek trunk, Lci blacklines.]
Appreciate 0