BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-16-2013, 12:04 AM   #23
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I raised this with my dealer when I bought the car a couple of months back. Initially they said that they couldn't find any info on it other than an SIB on how to mount the liners differently in order to reduce the rubbing.

Then about a week later they came back to me and said they had "found" the new part numbers and they are now on order.

When they come in they will be replacing them and fixing the "Seam Creak" issue in the left rear passenger area.
It took my dealer about 5 days to organise after I supplied them with the PUMA warranty case number, that Ian supplied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Nice Joe. Did it stop the rubbing?
It actually only rubbed on a full right lock with a slight gradient in the road surface.. Will test it out tonight at Rhodes, where it always rubs.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #24
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

My main purpose for replacing, was that I am considering going wider on the front and back tyres, and just wanted some peace of mind.(255/275)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #25
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
It took my dealer about 5 days to organise after I supplied them with the PUMA warranty case number, that Ian supplied.
Is that including getting the parts in? I've been waiting a month or so now... It's not really a big deal for me yet as, like you, they only rub on full lock going into a driveway or such...

Looking to do lowering springs though and at that point I expect more of an issue. Also plan to go one size larger front and rear when I get new tyres...
      10-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #26
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Is that including getting the parts in? I've been waiting a month or so now... It's not really a big deal for me yet as, like you, they only rub on full lock going into a driveway or such...

Looking to do lowering springs though and at that point I expect more of an issue. Also plan to go one size larger front and rear when I get new tyres...
Took 5 days for the parts to arrive after I supplied the PUMA number.

Then dropped off the car this morning and picked up at 1.30pm.

Same here with the wider tyres.. Just insurance I guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 03:56 AM   #27
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

I had the occasional rub and was concerned it was mechanical until I saw this thread a few weeks ago. It doesn't faze me now. You reckon I should still get it replaced nonetheless?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #28
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

You might aswel Donald.. Just book it in with your next service like I did.

Checked my updated fenders last night.. Gives about another 5mm clearance at full lock, which comes in handy with lowered springs.
Appreciate 0