E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Interior Parts > Any interest in carbon fiber interior trim

10-05-2005, 11:35 AM   #23
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball pete
Thats wayyyyy to much $$$$$

Couldn't agree more.
      10-11-2005, 07:08 PM   #24
Rorsa CF
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
any update from the original poster?
Sorry for the long wait and no update. The mould of the trims are almost finished. After that, we still need to work on the pins and clips which is the most important part of the whole maunfacturing process. We have to ensure that the pins and clips are glued in the exact right place or else the fitment won't be perfect.

Really sorry for the delay, but we encountered a lot of difficulty in the past few weeks and caused the process to slow down.

But trust me, once the finally product comes out, it won't disappoint anyone here.

One question for you guy, do you guy have i-drive for your car? Since the trim we are doing now is not for i-drive cars. Also, anyone of you here use the coin tray?
The reason I am asking is because I am thinking about covering the cointray with carbon fiber, so you guy see more carbon fiber. I don't use that little tray myself and would like to have some input from your guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2005, 07:28 PM   #25
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

I alwise use it I think if it dosnt come with that ist kinda point less
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2005, 07:47 PM   #26
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wy 330i
Sorry for the long wait and no update. The mould of the trims are almost finished. After that, we still need to work on the pins and clips which is the most important part of the whole maunfacturing process. We have to ensure that the pins and clips are glued in the exact right place or else the fitment won't be perfect.

Really sorry for the delay, but we encountered a lot of difficulty in the past few weeks and caused the process to slow down.

But trust me, once the finally product comes out, it won't disappoint anyone here.

One question for you guy, do you guy have i-drive for your car? Since the trim we are doing now is not for i-drive cars. Also, anyone of you here use the coin tray?
The reason I am asking is because I am thinking about covering the cointray with carbon fiber, so you guy see more carbon fiber. I don't use that little tray myself and would like to have some input from your guys.
what no idrive?? booo....
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2005, 08:24 PM   #27
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

Quote:

Please do not lose the coin tray. Storage in the car is limited enough. I think to lose it would be a strong deterrant to sales. The safest play is to produce a straight stock replacement. I don't think I would buy it in any other configuration.
      10-11-2005, 08:25 PM   #28
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish1
Please do not lose the coin tray. Storage in the car is limited enough. I think to lose it would be a strong deterrant to sales. The safest play is to produce a straight stock replacement. I don't think I would buy it in any other configuration.
Same here
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2005, 08:49 PM   #29
mBechara
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325I Idrive

Quote:

Hopefully you will produce trims that fit car with iDrive?
      10-11-2005, 11:28 PM   #30
Rorsa CF
Private First Class
Rep

The center console piece we are manufacturing now is the non-idrive version. Later, we will produce the center piece that will fit idrive. As for the tray, how about tray in Carbon fiber instead of the stock rubber tray?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2005, 11:29 PM   #31
Rorsa CF
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mBechara
Hopefully you will produce trims that fit car with iDrive?
The center console piece we are manufacturing now is the non-idrive version. Later, we will produce the center piece that will fit idrive. As for the tray, how about tray in Carbon fiber instead of the stock rubber tray?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2005, 12:00 AM   #32
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Forget the i-drive, just let us know when its ready.

again, thank you so much wy_330i for standing up and doing this project.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2005, 12:54 AM   #33
j9877j715
Rep

I dont have I-Drive, reserve one set for me
Silver carbon fiber pls, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2005, 01:38 AM   #34
Rorsa CF
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9877j715
I dont have I-Drive, reserve one set for me
Silver carbon fiber pls, thanks!
For sure, silver carbon fiber and black carbon fiber trim will be release at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Forget the i-drive, just let us know when its ready.

again, thank you so much wy_330i for standing up and doing this project.

We are currently working on the non-idrive trim(the only different is the center console piece). We are expected to release the final produce in 2-4weeks. And after than, we will start working on the idrive compatable center console piece. Then manuel transmission center console piece.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2005, 01:44 AM   #35
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
emmm.. I wonder how silver CF looks.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2005, 11:40 AM   #36
chris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 330i

Quote:
This would work for me if you can make it fit correctly. I am really looking forward to seeing the final product. It really sounds like you will have a lot of business off this forum. Again, thank you for all your efforts.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2005, 08:41 PM   #37
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

when will they be done ????????
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 01:37 AM   #38
Rorsa CF
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball pete
when will they be done ????????

The factory is working on the first 10 sets to test out the fitment. It will be done in around 2-4 weeks (i know, you are all anticipating for this and have been waiting for so long, here again, I want to apologize about the delate). Once we assure the quality and the fitment of the trim, we will start taking orders and begining the production of the trim.

I promise, once the first 10 sets are out, I will install it on my car and post pictures of the trim. Maybe we can sell the first 9 (1 of the 10 is mine) to those of you who can't wait
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #39
chris
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jet Black e90 330i

thanks for the update man! we appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 12:15 PM   #40
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Yea thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #41
Rorsa CF
Private First Class
Rep

you guys interested in the first 10 sets? Well, we will definitely test fit it to ensure that the fitment is perfect before we put them for sale if anyone of you who are interested in picking them up. Theoertically, if the fitment is perfect, the later production trim will just be the same as the first 10 sets.

As all of you know, it's better to throw away 10 sets than 200 sets. That's the reason behind manufacturing only 10 sets. As a result, after we test fit the first 10 sets and assure that they will fit, there is no worry about buying those sets for those of you who can't wait.

Once again, I am very sorry about the delay, I am very anxious to get the trim too. We keep you guys update. Thank you for all of your patience.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 07:57 PM   #42
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

No my friend thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #43
BMW_E90
Major
Rep

cant wait for the trim!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2005, 10:34 PM   #44
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

do you know by any chance the price range ?
Appreciate 0