BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-12-2016, 03:01 AM   #1
wrighty
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Milltek question

Any one tried the res and non res Mids pipes and could tell me the sound difference. I have resonated on mine at present. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2016, 09:34 AM   #2
Alby_416
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Coupé (BSM)

Garage List
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1257062

haven't tried the resonated but another forum member had it and after a while swapped the middle section for the non-res as for him it was "too quiet".

I've had my non-resonated full exhaust for about 6 months and I can say I'm very pleased with it. The noise level is nearly the same as the original when cruising but it gets quite loud when on WOT but without exaggerating... It reminds me a bit of the metallic exhaust sound of the E46 M3, but this is much deeper cause of course its a turbo engine.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't have the valves to keep it quiet on cold start, which is a bit too loud for me, especially if it's early in the morning... but it then lasts only few minutes so no biggie (not really a problem for me but for my neighbors )

Last edited by Alby_416; 12-13-2016 at 09:42 AM..
Appreciate 0