BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Endgame
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Small/Quick PS Request?

So, one of the new 1M owners in Houston has this pic as his sig, ang I love it. Can someone PS the wheels in a dark gun metal?

I have a 370z now (and really do love it), but my wife is pushing me to get a car that can sit 4. Thinking about the 1M...... But need help convicing myself. Any help?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 08:41 PM   #2
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame View Post
So, one of the new 1M owners in Houston has this pic as his sig, ang I love it. Can someone PS the wheels in a dark gun metal?

I have a 370z now (and really do love it), but my wife is pushing me to get a car that can sit 4. Thinking about the 1M...... But need help convicing myself. Any help?
You need help to convince yourself????? I would tale the 1M over any car especially a Nissan. Sorry but being honest!
      07-30-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
themeec
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/CR BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinoBoom View Post
You need help to convince yourself????? I would tale the 1M over any car especially a Nissan. Sorry but being honest!
Amen to this. Plus it suits the bill for what your wife wants. Happy wife + 1M = Win/Win.

Also, as far as the choice of wheel colour goes, go check out the Alpine White thread (if that's the colour you're going for). From a side profile, the 135 and 1M are essentially identical. You can probably get a really good idea what wheels you want (finish or make) from taking a gander at the rides in that thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 11:06 PM   #4
Endgame
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Wow. I hope I am just misunderstanding you, but you sound like an ignorant elitest right now. I chose the Z over the 135i and opted not to wait for the 1M. To be honest, if my wife was not pushing for a 4 seater, I would not be looking; and I may decide to overule her and keep my Z (my Z is really nice, weighs under 3200 pounds and tuned perfectly....).

That brings me to my request, I would like to get a an idea of what this looks like in motion with gun metal wheels. If I go the 1m route eventually (even if used), I am after a white one, gun metal wheels, with that Project Orange hood (VERY NICE). I just need to get my mind around the overall look first.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
t02t
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 135i

not the best ps
      07-31-2011, 12:20 AM   #6
Endgame
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

That will do! Thanks!!

And, yes: Happy wife happy life. Not like I am loosing anything anyway!

I did take a look throught the alpine white thread. I do think the two look differently; but that is probally because I am being anal.

Thanks all for the feedback and help.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 12:22 AM   #7
Endgame
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

and thanks for the honest feedback!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #8
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endgame View Post
and thanks for the honest feedback!
Just out of curiosity, how did you get a 370z under 3200 lbs? Those things weigh more than the 350z's and I know the 350z's did not weigh 3200 lbs. I'm guessing at this point it's more impractical than it was when you purchased it (maybe stripped out) which is why the wife is pushing for a 4-seater?

Also, when you say "nicely tuned" what are you referring to? There's not much room for tuning on the VQ NA v6 engines - I've owned both a g35 coupe and a g37S coupe in the past.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
competition
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Just out of curiosity, how did you get a 370z under 3200 lbs? Those things weigh more than the 350z's and I know the 350z's did not weigh 3200 lbs. I'm guessing at this point it's more impractical than it was when you purchased it (maybe stripped out) which is why the wife is pushing for a 4-seater?

Also, when you say "nicely tuned" what are you referring to? There's not much room for tuning on the VQ NA v6 engines - I've owned both a g35 coupe and a g37S coupe in the past.
My buddy has the Nismo 370Z (nothing really different from the regular one exhaust body kit and exhaust) but that thing comes standard with an LSD! It rides like it's on rails! Yes, the tuning potential is weak on those cars with the only option of going force induction but I believe that it's a better track car than the 135i. Wider rear can fit wider tires without a problem. It is extremely cramped in the Z and the 135i is surprisingly roomy. Now, the 370Z vs the 1M... No contest. The 1M takes it for sure. Now that the fenders have been beefed up, LSD is included, and contains M3 parts it'll eat up just about anything! I can't wait to see the 1M tuned! And it must be nice to have a wife that tells you "GO GET A 4 SEATER, BUT TO YOUR LIKING" hahaha
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2011, 02:59 PM   #10
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goeslikeschnell View Post
My buddy has the Nismo 370Z (nothing really different from the regular one exhaust body kit and exhaust) but that thing comes standard with an LSD! It rides like it's on rails! Yes, the tuning potential is weak on those cars with the only option of going force induction but I believe that it's a better track car than the 135i. Wider rear can fit wider tires without a problem. It is extremely cramped in the Z and the 135i is surprisingly roomy. Now, the 370Z vs the 1M... No contest. The 1M takes it for sure. Now that the fenders have been beefed up, LSD is included, and contains M3 parts it'll eat up just about anything! I can't wait to see the 1M tuned! And it must be nice to have a wife that tells you "GO GET A 4 SEATER, BUT TO YOUR LIKING" hahaha
Correct. The Nismo edition has a body kit, bigger/wider wheels, and exhaust, as well as a stiffened up chassis...but due to the extra weight, it also happens to be slower from a dig than a regular 370z (something a lot of people don't know ). The Nismo edition should not be compared to a regular 135i, since their purposes are entirely different. A regular 370z is to a 135i what a Nismo 370z is to a 1M...and we all know in both comparison who takes the cake
Appreciate 0