BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
Everfly
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by woner View Post
Yeah I've had mine debadged since I got it so I don't even notice that hah. Looks good!
yup bud, look much cleaner
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #24
Mstandard
For Pony!!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngabdala View Post
I'm thinking about going from my 2011 Civic Si to a 135i.

I really like what's under the hood in the 135i but it doesn't look like a mean car.

I don't want girls saying my car is "cute."

Where can I look for some badass bodykits?

Thanks !
Do it! Just sold my 2008 Fa5 to get a 2010 135i. I only get good comments and thumbs up since I bought it
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #25
ngabdala
Rep
Drives: 2011 Civic Si

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstandard View Post
Do it! Just sold my 2008 Fa5 to get a 2010 135i. I only get good comments and thumbs up since I bought it
Nice dude. I sat in and saw the new Subaru BRZ today. I was not impressed.

Now I'm either going with 135i or Evo X
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #26
Gdubz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tanzanite M440i (Soon)

Quote:
Nice dude. I sat in and saw the new Subaru BRZ today. I was not impressed.

Now I'm either going with 135i or Evo X
I'm not traditionally an Evo hater, even though my last two cars were STIs, but I think the Evo X is a plastic piece of shit car. The front end looks nice and aggressive, but the car has literally nothing else going for it. Just my opinion anyhow.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #27
ngabdala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdubz View Post
I'm not traditionally an Evo hater, even though my last two cars were STIs, but I think the Evo X is a plastic piece of shit car. The front end looks nice and aggressive, but the car has literally nothing else going for it. Just my opinion anyhow.
I guess I like the entire look of the car. The awd system and sharp steering. What I don't like is it's a mitsubishi, 5 gears, mpg.

I'm now considering an infiniti g37x coupe, 135i, sti (which I already know I probably won't like).

Any other cars I should keep in mind?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 05:32 AM   #28
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdubz View Post
youre not the only one with that opinion

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #29
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

I drove most of what you listed.

Civic Si, VW GTI, and similar were fun but not enough.

STI felt incredibly cheap, great performance but felt cheap. I couldn't get past it. Evo was a monster, its performance was staggering and I had to drive it twice to be sure it was that good (and it was). I couldn't get past the 4-door thing and the size. It's not actually a big car but I still wanted smaller. It is easily modded and had that going for it too.

I liked the looks of the 370Z but felt like I was driving with a helmet on. I just could not shake the feeling that I couldn't see out of it. And that's after owning an Eclipse which has plenty of blocked views. The G coupe sport version solved that and was a spectacular car overall. Lots of fun but harder to mod down the road if desired.

Once I drove the 1-series though it was all over. It just felt like home I guess. High performance overall and the few things it did (understeer for example) are easily modded out of it. I knew right away why BMW has the reputation it does. I was hooked immediately.

My final short list was G coupe, Evo, and 135i and the BMW of course one as you can tell by my being here. You can't really go wrong with any of them though.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #30
ngabdala
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
My final short list was G coupe, Evo, and 135i and the BMW of course one as you can tell by my being here. You can't really go wrong with any of them though.
Thanks for the heads up.

Okay this is nice. I'm down to the 135i or the g37x.

A test drive is in order.

Now I have to see what my job responsibilities are going to be for the winter and if it requires driving to my patients homes in the winter (which it probably will) snow.

It could eliminate rwd as an option. I may have to start thinking awd.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #31
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
As brokenvert noted, you wont have the variety you are used to with honda civics, however, there are some good options and even starting with a base 135i you have a much better starting point than with the hondas (imho)

Some pics below are of my car with a ER widebody kit and Icarbon trunk. It is a pretty aggressive looking car and I often get compliments on how mean it looks.

I dont think you need to go as extreme as my car though to get the look you want. Adding some nice wheels, suspension and a more aggressive stance will do wonders for the 135i.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #32
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Very useful info and thanks. So the warranty is until 50k or 3 or 4 years/50k miles whichever happens first?

Also, do you think an aftermarket body kit or hood voids warranty if everything mechanical stays the same and not modded?
You are correct on the Warranty.

As for your second question, adding an aftermarket body kit will not do anything to your warranty. I have never had any issues with Warranty based on my cars body parts, wheels and suspension. The only part that raised an eyebrow was my intercooler and chargepipe, which the dealer asked if I could remove it before any warranty work (outside of normal maintenance) were to be performed.

BWM even offers their own BMW Performance bumper, sideskirt and spoilers.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #33
ngabdala
Rep

Yeah man your bimmer looks great and tough. I'd like mine like that or tougher looking until I get a feel as to whether or not I want to mod the car other than a possible stage 1 tune.

Depending on how I like to drive it will determine whether or not I tune it at all. I'd rather spend the money on appearance.
Appreciate 0