BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-24-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
bmherold
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Little confused on headlight options...

So I've looked around, and not found anything definitive, at least to my worthless brain...

Looking to spend not much more than ~$150 - hopefully less - to clean up the yellow look of the angel eyes. Does this involve just a regular bulb replacement? Ive seen various packages going anywhere from $25 (looks like a regular bulb) up to over 250$ that look like a weird splitter-bulb with an LED on each side.

I'm sure just mentioning ebay is some sort of forum violation - but there are a ton of kits on ebay (search: angel eye e82) that all tout super-bright-white, and aren't all that expensive. How do these stack up?

I guess I'm looking for 'best bang/buck' recommendation that's easy to install, and gets me at least 85% of the way to the perfect solution. Can someone break this down for me?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
IF you already have Halos (Lux is a good start - might be too expensive...) If not people are starting to rave about the WeissLicht Ultra Bright LED Angels...

You can find them off Ebay or http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/1-Se...duct_info.html

Also here is a link to a post. Guy just installed these on his DEPO headlights.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=445791&page=8

Pages 7 & 8 have pics of other bulbs people have used.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0