BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
edentel
Rep
Drives:

Two missing features described in the manual.

I just want to verify I'm not sane. Just picked up my 135 convert last Friday and I've gone cover to cover in the manual. There's some stuff buried in there that's interesting.

There appears to be two features in the manual that do not work, at least in my US 135i.

1) Internet access - I think we miss out here in the states on this one. I did a quick search and it looks like it's been confirmed before. Anyone have any other info on this?

I did call up the customer svcs folks via Assist and got a "Call your svc center..." response. But hey... can I really hope for top notch tech support on Christmas Eve?

2) MP3 lookup - This is detailed on pg 152 of the manual and would be really cool, but sadly is missing from my menu. The way it's described in the manual is that you highlight an album you've ripped to the HD and click the options button. The photo in the manual shows an "Update album data online" that (sadly) isn't shown on my iDrive. Same answer from customer svc via assist.

I know I know, rip and tag them at home and then USB upload them. Let's just say I'm a tech-lover and the ability to do a Gracenote (or equiv) lookup on a brandnew CD from the car just jingles my bells.

Well Merry Xmas to all and hope you all find a new set of keys in your stockings in the morning!

-Ed
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
hantman
Rep
Drives:

I think the internet look up is extra - it comes only with the concierge service, which i think i read here is another $200 per year. Regular BMW Assist doesn't have it.

Monaco Blue/Black Leather 2009 135i Coupe,
ED 10/16/2008
Appreciate 0