BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Novator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 E46 M3

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [8.00]
Which Fuel Pressure Gauge for BMW 135i?

As of now I have a wishlist of gauges for my 135i which include a 30psi boost gauge, oil gauge, and digital air/fuel & volt gauge from Prosport. I'd like to get their fuel pressure gauge, but with a max read out of 85psi I am not sure if this will be even accurate with our cars. I also looked at STRI which I like, but doesn't go from white to amber like our cars and they don't offer an air/fuel ratio gauge. I did like their fuel pressure gauge, but $200+ is a bit steep for me right now. My question is what range would be needed to accurately read our fuel pressures. I called BMW this morning and they said our HPFP are pushing 50 bar which is about 725 psi. I don't think anyone makes a fuel pressure gauge that goes that high in 52 mm. But maybe I have this all wrong, that's why I am asking for your advice and knowledge. So is anyone running a fuel pressure gauge, what gauge manufacturer are you using (Defi, Greddy, Prosport, PLX, STRI, Autometer, HKS, STACK)? Right now I also would like to have one PLX DM-100 (I like the ability to switch through multiple readouts), but also like the analog look of the DSD gauges. Thanks in advance.