BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-28-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
bmrdude3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i

ECU flash 15HP gain

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-11...-e82-128i.aspx

Has anyone tried this or better yet, is it worth the $500? I am officially out of warranty and want to mess around a bit with my car. Any recommendations would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
Light_Em_Up
Canada
Rep
Drives: 128is

Bmrdude3, You beat me to the post by a couple of hours. I just noticed this product on Turner's website tonight and was also wondering same as I hadn't seen any posts about it. Likely the "Up to 15 hp" includes the gains from performance intake and exhaust. Notice that they are claiming a 12 hp increase from their aFe Intake Kit - Stage 2 for the 128i vs only the 3 hp BMW claims from their Performance intake. (?)

Jack
      04-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
wolfe
Captain
Rep
Drives: e82 / e70 / r56 / r60

I'm really interested to find out if this is Turner's own tune or if they're reselling it from AA or another place. I think they offer the 3-stage intake tune as an add-on option.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
I asked them a few questions about this a while back and they didn't seem to know to much about it, which I thought was strange for a tune they developed in-house. Some of the 3er guys seem to think this is actually the AA tune - not sure if that's speculation or if they confirmed with Turner. If it is the AA tune, cheaper to buy from them directly.
      04-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #5
Fireflyer239
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Jeep, Ducati & Harley

Not an attempt to threadjack...just seems like mentioning one of the few alternatives might be welcome(?)

I have been very pleased with the performance of my BMS P-Box over the last couple years. Amazing response improvement plus a small power increase in one inexpensive package. Car has been through servicing twice since installation, and the P-Box goes undetected (I turn it "off" before dropping the car off). When turned off, it feels like someone attached an anchor to the car, or poured molasses into the engine. It stays on map 3 all the time. While outright speed with foot to the floor may not be much beyond stock, driving the car in a spirited manner feels great and people who have taken it for a spin seem to come away thinking it has more power than it actually does.

Mine is a "beta" unit from when they first came out and I paid $240, and I think they retail for about $300 now. I installed it myself and it was straightforward. When I first installed it, I performed carefully timed roll-on acceleration runs and came up with repeatable improvements, indicating some measureable power gain (I suppose those posts can be searched). If it is an 8 or 10 ponies and ft/lbs gain, I feel this is acceptable value. Very happy.

Last edited by Fireflyer239; 04-30-2012 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 0