BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-24-2011, 10:07 AM   #23
AMP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E34, E39, & E60 M5; E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidblast View Post
i have never been a CCA member and was thinking of signing up. So if i join today are you saying i won't get the rebate because I haven't been a member for the last year?
That's correct. You won't be eligible for the rewards program until you've been a member for 1 year.

Regardless of whether or not you do anything with the club itself, the Roundel subscription is worth the annual dues. The rebate program is just a nice bonus.... a VERY nice bonus.... since 2002 my wife and I have claimed $12,500 in BMW CCA rebates

If you are married it's worth setting up your spouse as an associate member as you can then claim two rebated per household per calendar year.
'08 M6 Coupe Stratus/Black
'03 M5 Sedan Imola Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #24
Acidblast
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VO 1 Series M Coupé

ok so then could i become a member then wait a year and apply for the rebate on my 1M? or will that be too far off?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2011, 02:24 PM   #25
Pamlico
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
ok so then could i become a member then wait a year and apply for the rebate on my 1M? or will that be too far off?
Too far off. There's a time limit (90 days?) to submit. Also, once you're a member you can't have even a 1 day lapse in membership between renewing or you lose eligibility for the rebate.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 12:10 PM   #26
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
unfortunately, no.. the rebates are a reward that is eligible for BMW CAA members that have been a member for a full year prior to the purchase of the vehicle. Club membership dues are $48 per year. The Roundel Magazine which comes monthly, is worth the price of admission alone. It is a nice magazine with BMW articles and classifieds, and can also be read in a pdf format if you don't like the glossy copy that comes to the door. Being a BMW CCA membership may entitle you to discounts at dealers in your area or online, and of course there is the ability to meet other Bimmer fans via your local chapter.
Appreciate 0