BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-02-2017, 10:22 PM   #1
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $

Garage List
N55 Pure Stage 2 Pump / Meth 100 - 200 VBOX & VBOX Dyno by WedgePerformance

2012 135i MSport DCT - Pure Stage 2 Turbo upgrade, Fuel-IT Stage 2 Buckless with upgraded fuel lines, Fuel-IT Port Injection, Fuel-IT Ethanol Sensor, AIC6 Port Injection Controller, K&N Drop-in Filter, AEM 3350 Meth kit.

Wagner EVO FMIC going in soon. Currently on stock FMIC

Tuning has been slow due to the weather and a month long battle to figure out why boost was dropping only to figure out it was a boost solenoid. Highly recommend replacing your boost solenoid if you feel your boost is not on par with others posting with the same WGDC.

Currently running pump e9 with 100% meth injection. I have a new HPFP, but haven't installed it yet. Car has 56,000 miles and original HPFP. Currently only spraying 1.5 ms of fuel at high RPM which from the logs today is too much. I might drop it back down to .5 and clean my trims up in hopes to keep the car from running rich which really seems to rob the power from this car. Also need to clean it up so I don't have the fuel pressure drop from 3/4 as it crackled a bit at shift and went rich on fuel. Shifts without pressure drop are so amazing... Funny part is I pounded on the car last night without an issue and today it had a few issues. Honestly contemplating doing a Single Barrel Shotgun HPFP to see if I can run 100% e85 without port.

Enough talk... The numbers: 9.641 seconds 100-200 kph with 451.8 whp

Special thanks to Jusse Pure Turbos ...
DynoJet E85 numbers soon...

LOG <CLICK HERE>

Appreciate 1
      03-02-2017, 11:08 PM   #2
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Looks good. Glad to hear we are making progress with the platform. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of the inconsistency... Do you really think it's HPFP related? Or more we don't fully understand / have everything we need mapped out in the DME?

If it was truly HPFP related couldn't you just move some of the fueling over to the PI side to make life easier on the HPFP?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2017, 11:40 PM   #3
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
Looks good. Glad to hear we are making progress with the platform. Hopefully you can get to the bottom of the inconsistency... Do you really think it's HPFP related? Or more we don't fully understand / have everything we need mapped out in the DME?

If it was truly HPFP related couldn't you just move some of the fueling over to the PI side to make life easier on the HPFP?
I need to park on the dyno and just get it sorted. This car does not like to be rich. It also doesn't like it when the fuel scalar is off and fuel trims move too much. Doesn't like it when it's negative fuel trims. Like I said, if it was as simple as going to a shotgun solution so there is enough fuel pressure on the rail, life would be simple. It can be sorted. I have a car in Florida running E85 and 25 psi. I also have a car in Abu Dhabi with an EFR9174 bottom mount running 20 psi. Took some effort, but eventually you can get it sorted out and the car runs extremely well.

Bottom line for me, aside from my stupid E92 N54 making more power than I know what to do with, this is by far the car that is the most fun to drive.
Appreciate 1