BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-12-2014, 09:37 AM   #1
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

STX Auto-x Autocross location

Hello,
i will PCS to the Fort bragg area in july. Can anyone tell me where i can find events to attend on the weekends or whenever they are having some. i want to learn more about these events and get into the sport. Ive gone to the Nurburging a few times.i Have only 14 laps or so on that track but there is noting like it in the states lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #2
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Search SCCA for regions around your area, should give you a good idea of what is available.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #3
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobeballer96 View Post
Hello,
i will PCS to the Fort bragg area in july. Can anyone tell me where i can find events to attend on the weekends or whenever they are having some. i want to learn more about these events and get into the sport. Ive gone to the Nurburging a few times.i Have only 14 laps or so on that track but there is noting like it in the states lol.
Fort Bragg is a ways away from most groups. You will probably have to drive down to Santa Rosa for any Auto-x groups. The closest tracks are Sonoma Raceway(also known as Infinion or Sears Point) and Thunderhill Raceway. Both are excellent tracks with tons of groups running high performance driving events. Sonoma is 2.1 miles and hosts numerous professional racing events including Nascar, Indy Car, and Touring Car. Thunderhill is a lesser known track, but they will be completing an expansion to a full five mile track by June (it's 3 miles now). It is great safe track with tons of runoff. The perfect track to get better. Both are fantastic tracks and within 3 hours of Fort Bragg.

Good luck on the move and I hope to see you out there sometime.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
Fort Bragg is a ways away from most groups. You will probably have to drive down to Santa Rosa for any Auto-x groups. The closest tracks are Sonoma Raceway(also known as Infinion or Sears Point) and Thunderhill Raceway. Both are excellent tracks with tons of groups running high performance driving events. Sonoma is 2.1 miles and hosts numerous professional racing events including Nascar, Indy Car, and Touring Car. Thunderhill is a lesser known track, but they will be completing an expansion to a full five mile track by June (it's 3 miles now). It is great safe track with tons of runoff. The perfect track to get better. Both are fantastic tracks and within 3 hours of Fort Bragg.

Good luck on the move and I hope to see you out there sometime.
Wrong Fort Bragg! OP is moving to North Carolina. Closest track is probably VIR. Google SCCA to find the closest autocross. Also, Tarheel Sports Car Club runs events in eastern NC...I believe in the triangle area, which shouldn't be too bad from Bragg.
      02-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #5
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Wrong Fort Bragg! OP is moving to North Carolina. Closest track is probably VIR. Google SCCA to find the closest autocross. Also, Tarheel Sports Car Club runs events in eastern NC...I believe in the triangle area, which shouldn't be too bad from Bragg.
haha I guess they couldn't be farther apart then lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #6
Xyloft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

http://www.myautoevents.com/pls/mae/frmMain.Show

i use that site to find and register for local events. usually meet a few guys that do road race at every autoX event, and they car clubs usually organize both autoX and Road course.
      02-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #7
kobeballer96
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6SPD E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Haha thanks for all the info guys!
Appreciate 0