BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-04-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Classic BMW in Plano - Some things I have observed

I had a good experience buying the car there .. howerver service after this has not been as good.

I took it in for an oil change. This went good.

I have since took it in to have a rattle looked at and they could not verify anything that didn't sound normal. This is after I took it in while it was happening and they were too busy to go on a ride (would have took 1 min) to verify and hear what I was hearing. BTW .. the had my car for a whole day and didn't call me when it was complete .. I went over there and had to ask them if it was complete and then they said .. oh yes it is ..

Inquired for them to do the BMW Performance Exhaust install .. they wanted over $500 to do this install .. had a BMW performance shop do it for just over $100.

Inquired to buy some touchup paint for the car .. they wanted $32 for it .. I found it online for $19 (from BAVAUTO) ..

So far .. I'm not too impressed with service from them.

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Maybe you should had got them to throw in "VIP Service" like my CA did.

I only laugh because I think he put that in just for me to think I got something for free.
      06-04-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
HardTech
Rep
Drives:

They are very much by the book at Classic, this can be good and bad. If your shopping for parts not so nice, but having the work done right its great. I may be a little on Classics side seeing how it supports my folks (no, none of them work at the main office in Plano). Its hard to break them of the rules, but they will on some things to make you happy.

If you ask for a rental next time you plan to bring it in, I bet they call you when you car is done. They like to keep a close eye on the rent vehicles.

They accidently damaged the driver side skirt and fixed with without a complaint. I just told them it happened and if I need to submit or do anything as proof (did see it when i picked it up, or until 2 weeks later). They just simply told me to drop it off the next morning and they would correct it. Simple and done. I’ve had to argue with UPS for far less.

Yes the prices are high, and they seem a little unwilling to go down. But prices hardly make it a bad place. And I can tell you most of the customer they have would gladly pay it (no i wouldn’t). Where else would a kid come in with the folks and leave with a m3, only to return 2 weeks later purchasing a m6 because they totaled the m3. They got the m6 because the kid blamed it on not having enough power so he was unable to avoid the accident and the parents believed him. They also bought it for 6k over msrp...

I have suggested a few times to some of the higher people that they need to support this type of crowd too, by offering group buys and online deals. I haven’t heard anything back :/
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 07:41 PM   #4
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardTech View Post
They are very much by the book at Classic, this can be good and bad. If your shopping for parts not so nice, but having the work done right its great. I may be a little on Classics side seeing how it supports my folks (no, none of them work at the main office in Plano). Its hard to break them of the rules, but they will on some things to make you happy.

If you ask for a rental next time you plan to bring it in, I bet they call you when you car is done. They like to keep a close eye on the rent vehicles.

They accidently damaged the driver side skirt and fixed with without a complaint. I just told them it happened and if I need to submit or do anything as proof (did see it when i picked it up, or until 2 weeks later). They just simply told me to drop it off the next morning and they would correct it. Simple and done. I’ve had to argue with UPS for far less.

Yes the prices are high, and they seem a little unwilling to go down. But prices hardly make it a bad place. And I can tell you most of the customer they have would gladly pay it (no i wouldn’t). Where else would a kid come in with the folks and leave with a m3, only to return 2 weeks later purchasing a m6 because they totaled the m3. They got the m6 because the kid blamed it on not having enough power so he was unable to avoid the accident and the parents believed him. They also bought it for 6k over msrp...

I have suggested a few times to some of the higher people that they need to support this type of crowd too, by offering group buys and online deals. I haven’t heard anything back :/

Actually I did have a rental .. lol .. I don't know ... just seems to me that they are treating the 135i as the red headed step child .. could care less about fixing what is wrong with it and aren't to interested in working on it either...

Just my 2 cents and I know for every bad experience there are 100 good ones .. however if there was a closer bmw dealership, they would have my business instead of Classic ..

Crowley

The last words on the powerplant should go to a clearly overwhelmed Hormazd Sorabjee, editor and publisher of Autocar India: “There is something simply magical about BMW’s in-line six. It has a creamy smoothness that makes velvet feel like sandpaper.”
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep

I have always had great service at Classic but then again that was with a 328is.
      06-09-2008, 09:01 AM   #6
HardTech
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Actually I did have a rental .. lol .. I don't know ... just seems to me that they are treating the 135i as the red headed step child .. could care less about fixing what is wrong with it and aren't to interested in working on it either...
Quote:

Just my 2 cents and I know for every bad experience there are 100 good ones .. however if there was a closer bmw dealership, they would have my business instead of Classic ..

Crowley

If that’s the way ya feel, I would at least try a new CA. If I email mine he responds normally in about 10-15 mins. Or if you complain you could almost walk out of the place with a new car. Where else can a car come in with front end damage and get the back painted for free (customer complained it happened in the shop even though it was on many papers that it was dmg to the back bumper when the car was taken in, the customer didn’t remember seeing it and they are always right. It was repaired for free at the shops expense)

My guy is Victor Jaimes, I had to switch to him when I could not get John Witmire to even return my calls. I complained and got Victor and it has been great ever since. He even personally drove me to work when the shuttle was not around at the time.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardTech View Post

If that’s the way ya feel, I would at least try a new CA. If I email mine he responds normally in about 10-15 mins. Or if you complain you could almost walk out of the place with a new car. Where else can a car come in with front end damage and get the back painted for free (customer complained it happened in the shop even though it was on many papers that it was dmg to the back bumper when the car was taken in, the customer didn’t remember seeing it and they are always right. It was repaired for free at the shops expense)

My guy is Victor Jaimes, I had to switch to him when I could not get John Witmire to even return my calls. I complained and got Victor and it has been great ever since. He even personally drove me to work when the shuttle was not around at the time.

Thanks for the info .. maybe I'll try to get Victor as well !

Crowley

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 01:49 PM   #8
rocketpop
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Actually I did have a rental .. lol .. Crowley

They gave you a rental or a BMW loaner???
      06-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
Jack in Jax
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pearson 424 Ketch

Research BMW Dealer ratings for your state and you may be v-e-r-y disappointed. With some notable exceptions, the reports I've read from BMW owners about their service experiences in my area (descriptions of the quality & cost of service received) are disappointing and usually rank below common brands like Honda and Toyota.

One option: www.dealerrater.com/search/

Jack
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2008, 07:33 AM   #10
Crowley
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack in St. Pete View Post
Research BMW Dealer ratings for your state and you may be v-e-r-y disappointed. With some notable exceptions, the reports I've read from BMW owners about their service experiences in my area (descriptions of the quality & cost of service received) are disappointing and usually rank below common brands like Honda and Toyota.

One option: www.dealerrater.com/search/

Jack

Thanks Jack .. its a shame to as service experience is a big part of ownership .. never had any issues w/ the american cars and service departments in this area ..

Crowley

Appreciate 0