BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
aliti
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 330D Msport

What diesel fuel to use?

Being new to driving diesel powered vehicles, which brand of diesel have people found to be better than others?
I will be receiving delivery of a 123D shortly.

For example, I have been driving a E46 316Ti for years and found that I would consistantly acheive better milage from BP Ultimate and Liberty Premium.
My wife drives a current 320i with the same results in her car. The worst we have found is Safeway's 98 Vortex.

So, which brand of diesel have people found to be better than the others?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2010, 09:15 AM   #2
MickyD
(Damned or Belated)
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue 120D M Manual

I'm yet to really notice any difference between any of them to be honest. I tend to use Caltex Vortex where I can find it, and I'm avoiding BP at the moment because of the oil spill, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I have noticed, now that it's cooled down, that leaving the AC off makes about a big difference to economy - I'm averaging about 4.8 with the AC off, 5.3 with it on.
Appreciate 0