BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #23
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Not very nice of op to laugh at offers. Atleast use the pm to to laugh at someone. I would not deal with someone that acted like that. Specially with such and expensive part like the previous post mentions.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #24
mamudiaz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e81 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase View Post
I just installed the "brand new" set I bought from you a couple weeks ago and just had my adaptive module go and have an error on my dash! You said they were brand new and I have never heard of this going on them brand new! I'd like you to help me deal with this. Whether you have an adaptive module you can send me to replace this faulty one, or reimburse me some money as this is a big hassle for me never mind the expensive fix it's going to cost me after spending over $1400 buying these from you.

I hadn't complained until now even though I should have, since there was a turn signal bulb missing that I had to buy before installing and then after they were installed I had to buy new D1S bulbs from a member because the one that came with the lights was extremely dull and was almost out. I'm extremely disappointed so far from this dealing.
i refund to you some money to buy the broken d1s bulb, and you can write directly to me by pm please...i sold you them for more than 3 months ago, and you have not told me ANYTHING UNTIL NOW!! So, what are you telling me?? please do not disturb my deal..thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 09:20 AM   #25
Basketcase
Aired Out
Canada
Rep
Drives: Currently Car-less

I'm sorry that I live in Canada and it was winter until a month ago. That doesn't have anything to do with the product, nice try though.

PM me and I'll stop posting here

2010 E92 M3 - Track Build
2009 135i - FBO, Caged and Bagged
1980 E21 320i - Beauty!
2005 E46 M3 - Bagged
2003 E46 M3 - Track Build
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #26
vivanapoli806
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i Xdrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase
I'm sorry that I live in Canada and it was winter until a month ago. That doesn't have anything to do with the product, nice try though.

PM me and I'll stop posting here
Even if u waited 3 months to install. They shouldn't fails if they are brand new in 3 months time. Hopefully u get everything worked out
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #27
mamudiaz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivanapoli806 View Post
Even if u waited 3 months to install. They shouldn't fails if they are brand new in 3 months time. Hopefully u get everything worked out
I told him that the headlights were used ones, and when I sent them to him both headlights were fully working, he reduce the price more and more, and finally I sold to him for a very cheap price, he paid me by paypal because he wanted to be sure, and i accepted...dont you think that if I had sent to him a wrong headlight he had opened a claim to me by paypal?
I sold another ones on this forum and everybody is happy with them...thanks and....bump!!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 10:03 AM   #28
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamudiaz View Post
I told him that the headlights were used ones, and when I sent them to him both headlights were fully working, he reduce the price more and more, and finally I sold to him for a very cheap price, he paid me by paypal because he wanted to be sure, and i accepted...dont you think that if I had sent to him a wrong headlight he had opened a claim to me by paypal?
I sold another ones on this forum and everybody is happy with them...thanks and....bump!!
NOPE, contrary to popular belief, buyers have no protection with Paypal transactions outside of eBay. All seller needs to do is provide proof of shipment (tracking number). But if the contents of the box were dog poop, seller still wins. That's why any large transaction really should be done 1) face to face 2) via eBay or 3) with seller who has strong feedback here.
      05-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #29
mamudiaz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
NOPE, contrary to popular belief, buyers have no protection with Paypal transactions outside of eBay. All seller needs to do is provide proof of shipment (tracking number). But if the contents of the box were dog poop, seller still wins. That's why any large transaction really should be done 1) face to face 2) via eBay or 3) with seller who has strong feedback here.
you are wrong...unless here in Europe buyer has protection out of ebay...see paypal rules!!! regards
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #30
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamudiaz View Post
you are wrong...unless here in Europe buyer has protection out of ebay...see paypal rules!!! regards
NO you're WRONG so stop your nonsense. Too many n00bs on this forum giving bad info, you are one of them (along with your bad products).

It doesn't matter what the disclaimer states, ask someone who's BEEN THROUGH THE PROCESS... like myself. I received damaged goods from forum, reported claim to Paypal. They said they cannot offer any protection aside from confirming delivery. Transactions must be covered in eBay or an official business website. That is why you see many buyers going through credit card chargeback over Paypal because that it a more secure method (despite paying with credit card on Paypal).

Say buyer reports claim to Paypal for items sold not as described. What do you do, send 1addicts forum link? So then say seller deletes/modifies post, what do you do then? In reality, buyer has limited protection for these type of transactions. When Paypal states you have protection, they are referring to OFFICIAL vendor sites that offer Paypal as checkout method, not some forum transaction done via Private Messaging:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...UAeBay-outside

Items purchased off eBay:

Items are eligible unless they are excluded below:
  • Real estate, motor vehicles, capital equipment, travel tickets, and events tickets
  • Intangible items
  • Services]
  • Items purchased using PayPal Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal
  • You may not file a dispute for a Personal Payment

REGARDS!

Last edited by 3002 tii; 05-14-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 12:21 PM   #31
Rob Daman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

I've been through the process personally as a seller and I have to disagree with you.

I actually sold headlights for $800 when I was on the evo forums. UPS damaged the items and I had insurance on them so it should have been straight forward.

Well the buyer did not want to return them to UPS for inspection. That's not my fault, right? Wrong! He put in a paypal dispute for "item not as described" and WON!

I've had paypal since 2000 and tons of transactions. I even called paypal explaning the refusal of the buyer to give it to UPS and even provided documention from UPS of that buyer refusing to comply as well as emails of that buyer refusing. He even stated that in the dispute too.

here's an excerpt of my lost dispute:

Quote:

As you know, we've been investigating a recent transaction involving items
that were damaged or significantly not as described.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details
-----------------------------------

Buyer's name: Christopher xxxxxx
Buyer's email: xxxxxx@gmail.com
Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxx

Transaction date: Apr 22, 2013
Transaction amount: $800.00 USD
Your transaction ID: xxxxxxx
Case number: xxxxx

Refund amount: $800.00 USD

We've determined that the buyer should receive a $800.00 USD refund if they
ship the merchandise back to you. The merchandise will be in the same
condition as when the buyer received it and the buyer is responsible for
all shipping and handling costs.

One thing I absolutely agree with you is Paypal sucks big donkey balls. They can or will screw the buyer or the seller or both. It just depends on the luck of the draw. I have to say usually the buyer gets the advantage though.

And since we're basically giving opinions on this thread, I say any seller needs to disclose as much info as possible regarding the items they have for sale. Some like to not provide enough details. But also as a buyer, as soon as they receive the product they need to perform their due diligence and make sure the product was sold to them as described.

The last thing I want to add is my transaction was domestic so I'm not sure how international disputes are resolved but I'm sure it's the same BS since it's paypal.

Quote:
NO you're WRONG so stop your nonsense. Too many n00bs on this forum giving bad info, you are one of them (along with your bad products).

It doesn't matter what the disclaimer states, ask someone who's BEEN THROUGH THE PROCESS... like myself. I received damaged goods from forum, reported claim to Paypal. They said they cannot offer any protection aside from confirming delivery. Transactions must be covered in eBay or an official business website. That is why you see many buyers going through credit card chargeback over Paypal because that it a more secure method (despite paying with credit card on Paypal).

Say buyer reports claim to Paypal for items sold not as described. What do you do, send 1addicts forum link? So then say seller deletes/modifies post, what do you do then? In reality, buyer has limited protection for these type of transactions. When Paypal states you have protection, they are referring to OFFICIAL vendor sites that offer Paypal as checkout method, not some forum transaction done via Private Messaging:

• Real estate, motor vehicles, capital equipment, travel tickets, and events tickets
  • Intangible items
  • Services]

REGARDS!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 12:35 PM   #32
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
what the hell is going on in here?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #33
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Daman View Post
I've been through the process personally as a seller and I have to disagree with you.

I actually sold headlights for $800 when I was on the evo forums. UPS damaged the items and I had insurance on them so it should have been straight forward.

Well the buyer did not want to return them to UPS for inspection. That's not my fault, right? Wrong! He put in a paypal dispute for "item not as described" and WON!

I've had paypal since 2000 and tons of transactions. I even called paypal explaning the refusal of the buyer to give it to UPS and even provided documention from UPS of that buyer refusing to comply as well as emails of that buyer refusing. He even stated that in the dispute too.

here's an excerpt of my lost dispute:

One thing I absolutely agree with you is Paypal sucks big donkey balls. They can or will screw the buyer or the seller or both. It just depends on the luck of the draw. I have to say usually the buyer gets the advantage though.

And since we're basically giving opinions on this thread, I say any seller needs to disclose as much info as possible regarding the items they have for sale. Some like to not provide enough details. But also as a buyer, as soon as they receive the product they need to perform their due diligence and make sure the product was sold to them as described.

The last thing I want to add is my transaction was domestic so I'm not sure how international disputes are resolved but I'm sure it's the same BS since it's paypal.
That's fine if you disagree, clearly YMMV but that was the excerpt taken directly from their site, can't see how OP can argue that. It clearly says buyer protection is available for those who used Paypal Payments Pro or Virtual Terminal which is only available for businesses (similar to Google checkout), not regular users transacting via forums. When was the last time anyone of us clicked on Paypal Checkout on the Classified sections here?

https://registration.paypal.com/welc...rtner=PayPalUK
      05-14-2014, 07:21 PM   #34
Basketcase
Aired Out
Canada
Rep

You told me the headlights were brand new. I will go back in my emails and show you. You had two sets and I only wanted the brand new set!

Then there was a bulb missing that I saw on arrival. I didn't care that much as it was just a hassle and not that pricey. Then when winter finally left, I installed them to find out my passenger bulb was extremely weak! Had to buy new D1S bulbs. Then two weeks later I had the adaptive module fail and now I constantly have a dash light on and my headlights don't function as they should!

You started by saying you would work with me, I told you to PM me and you still haven't.

Also I paid over $1400, I don't see how that's incredibly cheap?

1980 E21 320i - Beauty!
2005 E46 M3 - Bagged
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 01:48 AM   #35
mamudiaz
Private First Class
Rep

I REPEAT YOU...YOU PAID BY PAYPAL...I OFFERED POSSIBILITY TO PAY ME THROUGH EBAY AND YOU DIDNT WANT. HEADLIGHTS WERE BRAND NEW AND YOU WERE OK WHEN YOU RECEIVED THEM AND YOU COULD TO SEE IF THEY WORK FINE!!! AND THEN YOU HAVE HAD 60 DAYS TO OPEN A CLAIM BY PAYPAL....SO I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU BACK ANY REFUND OK? SO DO NOT DISTURB THIS THREAD ANYMORE TIME PLEASE!! I SOLD THEM LAST FIRST DECEMBER AND NOW IT IS MAY!!!!!!!!! BUY A NEW ONE MODULE ON EBAY THAT IS COST NO MORE THAN 50EURO ON EBAY
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 01:53 AM   #36
mamudiaz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

• Intangible items
  • Services]

REGARDS!
read it please:

Eligibility Requirements

Claims can only be made for physical goods that can be posted and are not prohibited
Buyers must raise a dispute within 45 days of a single PayPal payment for the full price of the item. If no satisfactory response is received from the seller, a claim must be filed within 20 days of raising the dispute
Buyers cannot make multiple claims on the same payment
Please note that if the seller has accurately described an item, but you’re just not happy with it, that doesn’t qualify for Purchase Protection
Other eligibility requirements apply. See terms and conditions

Exclusions

Complaints related to vehicles, airline travel, custom-made items and eBay classified advertisements are not covered under the Buyer Protection policy. Further exclusions apply. See User Agreement

so you can open a dispute on paypal perfectly, I am sure because as buyer I opened 2 disputes and buy the goods directly through paypal!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2014, 09:01 AM   #37
Basketcase
Aired Out
Canada
Rep

You just said yourself again that these were brand new even though a couple posts up you said they were used.

What does it matter how I paid? It's called being an honest and responsible seller? I checked them over when I got them and they looked ok. I could tell they weren't brand new like they were advertised, but it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing with you anymore (now everybody can see why I didn't want to) and replaced the missing bulb. When I finally got a chance to install them (still apparently "brand new") the bulbs didn't work like they should. And after a short time the module failed. So this has NOTHING to do with how I paid or upon inspection of receiving them. This is about your lies and being unable to live up to your false advertisements stating the products were BRAND NEW, and they were complete and working.

Ya sure they "work", if you mean by that, they fit like they should and some of the bulbs are there and some light up. But they do NOT function as they are intended to.

When I first came forward in this thread, you said to contact you and you would work with me. Then you said they were used headlights, when I can show everyone I only agreed to the deal if they were brand new. Now you keep bringing up paypal for no reason and are stating you will not work with me on this and telling me to buy the replacement parts (yet again) and that this is MY fault.

Pretty sad. I've never had a bad dealing with a forum member before. This definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Buyer beware.

1980 E21 320i - Beauty!
2005 E46 M3 - Bagged
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 01:46 AM   #38
mamudiaz
Private First Class
Rep

I am not going to waste more time with this....i have sold another headlights here on this forum and everyone is very very happy with them...always by paypal, so.......bump!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 10:39 AM   #39
Basketcase
Aired Out
Canada
Rep

I paid with PayPal as well, so I don't know what this proves..

That means you won't help me at all?

1980 E21 320i - Beauty!
2005 E46 M3 - Bagged
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 04:27 AM   #40
mamudiaz
Private First Class
Rep

bump!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 10:05 AM   #41
drinkcoke3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i + F25 X3 35i FBO

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
wow what a shitshow.. basketcase, i feel for ya.
2013 135i Coupe / LMB on Oyster / 6 Speed / BMWP Front Bumper, Side Skirts, Suspension, Electonic Steering Wheel V2, and CF Rear Spoiler / Jb4 G5 ISO / BMS Intake / ActiveAutowerke Downpipe, Axleback, Intercooler, Strut Bar / BMS CDV Mod / F30 Performance Shift Knob/E-Brake Handle + Bimmian Alcentara Boots / MS8 + JL600/6 + JX500/1 Powering a JL 10w3 in Custom Trunk Box
Appreciate 0