BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
AWe82antz
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 e82 135i

Angel Eye Problem

So I installed the angel eye hid upgrade from alpine motorsports recently and they look great. Just recently I've been having problems with the left side angel eyes. Sometimes they turn on and other times I hear it trying to fire up but doesn't ignite the bulb. I would have to turn off my car and turn it back on maybe once or a few times just to get the power to fire up the left pair of angel eyes. I got the hid ballasts replaced and even replaced the bulbs through warranty for free. I made sure all connections were securely connected but the problem happens so often that I gave up. It's really annoying me now. My idea is that since the right pair of angel eyes is closer to the power connection it has no problem getting the bulb to fire. As the power wire goes to the left pair of angel eyes the ballasts seems to not have enough power to ignite the left side. I was wondering if any other members on here are having this problem or had this problem before and what did you do to fix it. Any suggestions on making the gauge of the power line thicker or should I try replacing the fuse with a bigger fuse?